PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I wrote off C&D for years, thanks to not liking the first couple of things I tried. I am glad I paid them a revisit. I like a few from them but my favourite blend of their's is WInchester.
Hell yeah on the Winchester. I think some people are turned off by the way C&D does some of their Virginias, but writing them off wholesale is a mistake in my opinion. They have lots of great blends, in lots of genres.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The aromatics I smoke are Cult Blood Red Moon and Sutliff Molto Dolce. Although I am not a big aro smoker but I do know flavor when I taste it. Those 2 are loaded with flavor, they burn fine even though the Molto sounds like Rice Crispies. I have not met anyone who has not liked the smell.

Jan 27, 2020
So, I received and order from Boswell’s yesterday including a tin of Apple Strudel which I ordered on a whim, thankfully I didn’t check the reviews beforehand, many of which were very negative. I don’t know what those people were smoking or if they are just accustomed to goopy, bombastically flavored tobaccos as this might be the best straightforward aromatic I’ve tried (meaning not things like Bob’s or Haddo’s). The Apple is very subtle but there, really naturally tasting, pleasantly winey, and a bit spicy towards the end of the bowl. For anyone who hasn't tried this and would appreciate a autumn fruit aromatic, run don’t walk to Boswell’s web-portal and place and order.

I've been cutting aros out of my diet, mostly because I am refusing to buy new tobacco, since I already have more than I can smoke before I die, and I didn't really stockpile many aros. But, if you guys don't mind a non-aro smoker playing along with you here in the sandbox, I cracked open a jar of Star of the East this morning, because it was a crisp 70F and the wind is just right. I'll probably smoke itthis evening. I don't like latakia too early in the day.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I prefer Sutliff Rum and Maple Match over Autumn Evening. AE simply has to much topping for my taste, so when I do smoke it I cut it with some Chatham Manor.

I also recommend Butternut Burley for a cool Autumn evening smoke!
Do you know if the Hearth and Home and the Scotty's Butternut Burley are one and the same?

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I gotta quit reading this site...
Ordered 8oz of Sleepy Hollow.

Now I read Apple Strudel is good??

I'm a sucker for seasonal offerings?‍♂️

My problem is that most aros disappoint me. It's hard to find the balance of tobacco taste and flavoring. I want to still be able to taste tobacco.

Jan 27, 2020
I gotta quit reading this site...
Ordered 8oz of Sleepy Hollow.

Now I read Apple Strudel is good??

I'm a sucker for seasonal offerings?‍♂️

My problem is that most aros disappoint me. It's hard to find the balance of tobacco taste and flavoring. I want to still be able to taste tobacco.

I believe Apple Strudel is a year round offering but who knows if they’ll survive the FDA nonsense. Just had my second bowel... it was lovely.

How much was the 8oz of Sleepy Hollow if I may ask?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I've had a few bowls each lately of C&D Golden Days of Yore, Boswell No Bite Delite, and P&C Russ' Snickerdoodle.

The latter 2 are similar, and both very good. Snickerdoodle impressed me with its full flavor, both from the topping and underlying tobacco. I'll be getting more of that for sure.

GDOY has lighter topping, and the orientals in that blend popped for me. The warm baking spices were more prominent than the sweetness, and no goop at all.

Though I haven't smoked it in a month or two, my favorite aromatic will always be Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake. Without the topping, that would be a solid VaBur flake, and I never lose the tobacco flavor.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
In the fall I like Sleepy Hollow, Bosun Cut Plug, and Butternut Burley. I like the idea of Autumn Evening, but I really don't like it in actuality. I'll probably have a bowl or two just 'cause of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.