PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Don't know about that but I'll report back to the group later - its normally pretty good stuff. I find a lot of 'shine' tastes like Zippo fluid but his stuff seems to be a lot smoother. I suppose it is really Jack Daniels without the barrel aging. I was in Bern's Steak House last Sunday and I drank one of their very small glasses of 1918 brandy, it was only $37 but worth the experience.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Condor, I love Berns, one of the best steak joints I have ever had the pleasure of dining at.

I have had my share of timeouts and each time it was certainly my fault and I was very happy to be let back in. I really missed the place when I was on a time out . You don't know you will miss something until it is gone and I did miss my friends while I was in timeout. My problem is that I suffer from early onset dementia and I don't now what I am saying some of the time as I just don't remember especially when I am on certain meds. There are times when I loose a whole weeks worth of time and have zero recollection. I know it sounds like a weak ass excuse but it is true. One of the medicines is called Ativan and it robs my memory big time.

I have to have a live in care taker live with me so I remember to take my meds when I am supposed to. I am on 7 different meds along with one shot a day and I cannot afford to forget even one. I am on a med for blood clots and it is dangerous not to take it every day. I have to take a shot for my type ll diabetes . The other day my sugar was at 67, way too low. My care taker gave me a big glass of OJ. Sometimes my blood pressure gets to low like 87 over 45. I have Starbucks coffee drinks loaded with caffeine to get that up higher. It is a battle keeping my numbers where they should be every day.

Then there are days when my stress level goes through the roof and I have to take a drug that chills me out to the point I have no idea what I am posting half the time. This is when I get in trouble with the mods and Kevin. All I can do is apologize and ask for forgiveness. I never try to post things that are meant to be mean or controversial but when you have no clue what you are saying it is hard to remember. On a day when I have to take those meds I try to stay away from this site and not get into any trouble but sometimes I have forgotten I took those medications then I can get in trouble. I am very grateful that Kevin and the mods give me a little space as I would hate to blow 8 years of enjoying myself at my favorite pipe site.
When I was diagnosed with early onset dementia a few years ago the doctor told me I was real young for it and he hoped that I could afford live in help or have children to help. I am lucky that while my kids build their careers I can afford a live in.

Before I had the live in's start I would end up in the hospital quite often. One day I was at my doctors office a few years ago and he took my blood pressure, he immediately called an ambulance because my blood pressure was so low. He said I was lucky I was in his office as if I had been home I could have died.

My numbers are a lot better since the live in girls have begun living with me.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I like the levels of serious and helpful discussion that are present here. I love some tomfoolery from time to time, but I also see how it can go too far. What I can’t stand and find to be ridiculous is when folks see something that they disagree with and freak out because they are offended. So be offended, and use you own free will to disengage with what offended you. Simple stuff. If it pisses you off, stop using your discretionary time on the internet to follow that person or topic. This comedian does a great job explaining what I mean in a fun way:
?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
A lot of guys who shake things up in forums, whether here or elsewhere online, tend to get a bad rap as if they were just trolls. They inevitable get heavily moderated and/or banned, but personally I think they keep things interesting.

Straight up trolling is another thing altogether, but I’ve never seen anything here that I’d consider real trolling.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I think that this has run its course.

I would like to just remind everyone of two things.

1) Personal attacks are not allowed on the forum. (I'm not calling anyone out here, but there have been a few comments that were on the line.)

2) We have an infractional point system that comes with bans. When a point is issued, it stays with you for one year. Too many points in a one year period will get a permanent ban. Read this post by Kevin as a reminder of how many points will get you banned.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I think that this has run its course.

I would like to just remind everyone of two things.

1) Personal attacks are not allowed on the forum. (I'm not calling anyone out here, but there have been a few comments that were on the line.)

2) We have an infractional point system that comes with bans. When a point is issued, it stays with you for one year. Too many points in a one year period will get a permanent ban. Read this post by Kevin as a reminder of how many points will get you banned.

And let me add, if anyone tries to play the system points to their advantage, they can also be banned outright. Now all mods have the power to do so.
That is all.

Reactions: python
Status
Not open for further replies.