Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster. Hello From The Ghost Coast!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.GANDY

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
Savannah, Georgia that is! My name is Jamie I am a children's book author and Illustrator by trade. I have been piping for a few months now and quite enjoy it. Although new to the pipe, I am not new to smoking having been a cigarette smoker for some 25ish years. Cigarettes I decided many months, maybe even years ago was more of a stinky, expensive stress and hassle than it is worth. However, I really enjoy smoking! My great grandfather was a smoker (pipes), my great uncle was a smoker (pipes) and my grandfather ( cigarettes) was a smoker. So it's just in my heritage I guess. Pipes have always intrigued me so, in modern fashion I Googled it.? Low and behold there was a forum full of folks discussing the wonders, joy and passion of this great hobby, full of a seemingly unlimited number of tobacco blends. All this time I had considered smoking cigarettes this nasty habit I should probably ditch. Now here are a group of people enjoying a " wonderful hobby", I thought to myself "Theses must be my people!"

So here I am! Initially I thought I would like something fruity...Bleggg... however haunted bookshop is quite delicious.

That's probably a good introductory post, I guess blood and urine samples will come later!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Savannah, Georgia that is! My name is Jamie I am a children's book author and Illustrator by trade. I have been piping for a few months now and quite enjoy it. Although new to the pipe, I am not new to smoking having been a cigarette smoker for some 25ish years. Cigarettes I decided many months, maybe even years ago was more of a stinky, expensive stress and hassle than it is worth. However, I really enjoy smoking! My great grandfather was a smoker (pipes), my great uncle was a smoker (pipes) and my grandfather ( cigarettes) was a smoker. So it's just in my heritage I guess. Pipes have always intrigued me so, in modern fashion I Googled it.? Low and behold there was a forum full of folks discussing the wonders, joy and passion of this great hobby, full of a seemingly unlimited number of tobacco blends. All this time I had considered smoking cigarettes this nasty habit I should probably ditch. Now here are a group of people enjoying a " wonderful hobby", I thought to myself "Theses must be my people!"

So here I am! Initially I thought I would like something fruity...Bleggg... however haunted bookshop is quite delicious.

That's probably a good introductory post, I guess blood and urine samples will come later!
I had to look up your books. Sounds like something I'd have dug as a kid. Writing is fun.

J.GANDY

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
Welcome from Louisiana! Haunted Bookshop is indeed some tasty stuff. You might enjoy Old Joe Krantz as well if you like Haunted Bookshop. I enjoy drawing/artwork as well. I used to do some freelance work here and there, pencil/pen & ink portraits mostly, but never really turned it into anything.
Thanks! Old Joe Krantz is definitely on by list of blends to try. Art is definitely a finicky business and takes a lot of "sticking to your guns " so to speak.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello, Jamie and welcome from Austin, Texas.

I was stationed in Fort Stewart for 7 years and used to party in Savannah on weekends pretty regularly.

I really miss Tybee Island, though it's probably all restricted access condos by now. A slice of Vinnie Van Go Go's would hit the spot right about now...

1599946425029.png

Reactions: J.GANDY
Status
Not open for further replies.