PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Check out Wet Shaving Products, Wet Shaving Products - https://wetshavingproducts.com/. I have no affiliation but I have quite a few different products from them and they have some great stuff. They make some "match" scents to some you have listed. Some are quite good in their own right including their match for Creed GIT.
Thanks, I’ll give it a look. GIT is a very common fragrance that companies try to clone but none have gotten it quite right, I think it’s just a quality thing, I have smelled some that were pretty darn close though. The Sandalwood they use in it is just wonderful as well as the ambergris.

This is one that got it almost right.

ARMAF TRES NUIT 3.4 EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY FOR MEN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NQGPPW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5j4wFbK62M580

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
Thanks, I’ll give it a look. GIT is a very common fragrance that companies try to clone but none have gotten it quite right, I think it’s just a quality thing, I have smelled some that were pretty darn close though. The Sandalwood they use in it is just wonderful as well as the ambergris.

This is one that got it almost right.

ARMAF TRES NUIT 3.4 EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY FOR MEN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NQGPPW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5j4wFbK62M580

I can't say how close it is, having never smelled the original. But to me it is a great scent in its own right. I mostly use the shave soaps and after shaves.

Reactions: hawky454

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I can't say how close it is, having never smelled the original. But to me it is a great scent in its own right. I mostly use the shave soaps and after shaves.
They definitely look legit. I like that they offer EDP strength! I’ve been curious about the dry cologne, haVe you happened to try that? I see they sell some.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Just plain soap, an assortment of beard oils, sandalwood shave soaps and lotions/oils, Old Spice, unscented deodorant, and stuff like that here.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I enjoy spritzing on some scent after a shower, mostly. I think the best guide on scent in general is that it is best if people don't smell you, unless you are doing heavy work or exercising together. Although some scent smells pretty good, any scent will be unpleasant to some people. And though it is an annoying thought, some people are really allergic or otherwise sensitive to scent and would rather not smell it for fear of an asthma attack, hives, restricted breathing, etc. So I like my bay rum, but probably less is more.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I like clubman pinaud for an aftershave, but have used in the passed a number of other alcohol based, including old spice the classic, which is nice. As far as perfume goes (yes we call it that in Europe even if it's not for the ladies - derived from eau de perfume vs eau de toilette, which is a lower percentage of pure fragrance/essence vs alcohol and aditives) I like a large variety. I still keep a 50 ml bottle of Guerlain l'instant around for the better days at work. For special ocassions I wear Royal Scent by Chariolle, which is a an all time favorite, alongside Rasasi La Yugawam - which is an Arabian perfume I discovered of late, very sweet, gasoline, and rose-ish scent. Floris of London was something I used to like a few years back, but that's non the less a bit too old school. For a soporty outfit I don't shy away even from a chea lacosete or the classig hugo boss with the green strap on the cap, or even Armani Code. Many names I have tried in the past come to mind, among which the better ones were the Burberry Brit classic, obsession by Calvin Klein, Allure by Channel, even Million by Paco Rabane was not bad.

Reactions: Casual and jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hawky, holy shit! ?
View attachment 42367

It better make women’s clothes fall right off for that price! ?
Of course I am that guy whose usual fragrance is “soap.” ?
funny thing the scent that does that is free. It's called sweety pits. No one wants to face that truth, I guess it reminds people we're animals. But trust me that's really the best one for that effect. Oh and Allegro is also pretty good at forcing one to tell woman they do have a girlfriend and can't hang out.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
5 years ago I stopped shaving and started using beard oils. The essential oils are so much better smelling than any cologne or aftershave. Much less offensive to other people too.

Reactions: madox07
Status
Not open for further replies.