PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Hello ladies and gents. Haven’t been on the forums in some time. I’m having my first pipe in two years. Not sure what got into me. Its a beautiful night, cicadas making noise, piercing moon in the sky, the lake is still viewed from my deck.

I still have about 2oz of McClelland Blackwoods Flake, a favorite, in a jar, years old. Enjoying it, the first pipe in some time, in a Savinelli 413 Roma, my first “good“ pipe and a gift I bought myself when my son was born, who is also 7 years old.

A couple years ago I liquidated most my tobacco, which I am kicking myself for, especially considering how much McClelland I have. Alas, life continues.

God’s blessings to you all.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Welcome back. Sounds like a great night to be lighting up a pipe. I don't have any Blackwood's but I do have some Dark Star and St James Woods waiting for me to get around to trying.

Reactions: tarak

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
tarak, welcome back. Yes, when ceasing to smoke a pipe, save them and the cellar. You may never get back to it, but you probably will. I've had some lengthy hiatus, but I kept the pipes and a stash of leaf. I don't know the plural of hiatus. Maybe hiati?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Maybe read a bit before smoking Dark Star. From what I read it requires a different preparation and smoking technique to smoke a great bowl.

R

Rattray

Welcome back, Tarak. We only live once (Well, there's James Bond that lived twice) so let's enjoy it to the fullest. Screw the Nanny state (that are just greedy buggers, nothing else): everything's good in moderation. Especially a good pipe of tobacco!

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Maybe read a bit before smoking Dark Star. From what I read it requires a different preparation and smoking technique to smoke a great bowl.
I used to have some of that. I had okay luck with it and found it to be tasty. Unfortunately, I no longer have it. Sold much of what I have. For McC blends I have probably 2-3 oz of 2013 Blackwoods, probably 3 oz of FMC, 2 oz of 2001 Christmas Cheer, and I think maybe a ....2013 Christmas Cheer. Something around there. That’s about it. Also have about 2oz each of Haddos Delight, Nightcap (Dunhill), 4 0z H&H Marble Cake, and a bunch of H&H Anni Cake.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
That Blackwoods Flake should be wonderful now that it has some age on it. I bought a bunch of McClellands even though it bit the hell out of me when fresh...but with 5+ years age on it, it is sweet and enjoyable. Glad I was talked into it by a good friend.