PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
I've seen some mention their cats in other threads. We have 2 Savannah cats that are almost a year and a half old now. After losing our big buddy Tiger last year we decided to get 2 cats this time around. Not sure how I convinced the wife into getting a Savannah and was totally floored when she said we could get 2. They are sisters from the same litter and they couldn't be any different in temperament and personality. Show us what you have.20200825_101154.jpg20200825_101330.jpgIMG_0669.jpgIMG_0642.jpgIMG_0720(1).jpg

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My late wife and my wife and I have kept a cat, or cats, for decades, and I have to restrain myself from rattling on about them. Each is a biography. Currently, we have two brothers rescued out of a drain pipe as wee kittens, since the rescue group knew they'd drown at the first heavy rain. We adopted them ten years ago as "everything" cats, but they unfolded into faux pedigree Maine Coons. We just lost our much loved American shorthair female Bella, age 18 or 19, who moved down from Long Island with my wife. Bella was a "teenage" mom of three and a prolific hunter who scrapped with the boys she could have trained and raised if she'd arrived a little earlier. She'd bolster on my chest and place her paw on my chin, and establish eye contact in a most communicative way. She died in my arms. So, see, I go on like this. Cats, yes.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have two cats. One I got for my wife for Christmas 19 years who takes no crap from anyone. She's a beautiful flame point Himalayan. The other we got from the neighbors two doors down who really weren't taking care of him. He's a 5 year old male tabby. She's an inside cat and he's pretty much an outside cat.

ChickenT00th

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2020
I love cats so much. Had to say goodbye to the cat I had for 20 years last October (grey shorthair in pics). One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. She was such a sweetie.

We recently adopted another kitty from the shelter in New Orleans in April during the lockdown (orange/white tabby in pics). She's a funny one, small cat with a big personality. She's recently taken to trying to get into my new D&R samples, so I gave her a tiny cob as it seems she's a pipe smoker like her father. Loved seeing all the photos of y'alls kitties. They are such little joys.
IMG_2472.JPG
IMG_7750.JPG62000492334__54DD1357-9352-4DF0-A5AE-FAB73EC41DD9.JPG

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love dogs too, grew up with one, but you have to have more time to attend them. I never feel I can do enough, they are so giving, but I have dog stories from life with George. I like the way you have to earn a cat's trust and attention, their independence and yet intense sociability under that. ChickenTooth, great cat, and what a fine long life she had. Cats study us with discerning eyes.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
5D4A7B64-F4B5-40CB-868C-DC96A8D1D7DE.jpeg
B54EE74A-571C-4E85-AA50-EB558C11EE14.jpeg

I’m not so much a cat lover per se, but I like and appreciate all domestic animals, and this is our cat who was previously a stray. He showed up at our house one day, and we let him move in.

He was in very poor health, with one ear having been chewed off by another animal as well as a torn up, paralyzed, and infected tail which has since been amputated by the vet. He first approached my wife in the driveway when she was getting home from work one day, and he’s been here ever since. Suffice it to say, he is now very spoiled and comfortable. He even has his own portrait :LOL: painted by my uncle who paints as a hobby. He’s very attached to me and will usually come on command like a dog. He frequently follows me around the house, not in such an obvious manner, but most of the time he will also be in whatever room I’m in. This includes the bathroom, where he will sit on the lid of the toilet while I shower.

He is a great pet, and luckily enough, his presence has put and end to the occasional field mouse that used to show up in our house during the first cold snaps of the year.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
I love dogs too, grew up with one, but you have to have more time to attend them. I never feel I can do enough, they are so giving, but I have dog stories from life with George. I like the way you have to earn a cat's trust and attention, their independence and yet intense sociability under that. ChickenTooth, great cat, and what a fine long life she had. Cats study us with discerning eyes.
This is exactly how I feel, I love dogs too, but haven't had one in years. My sister is a dog person, not so much cats. Now that she's retired, she works with a couple dog rescue groups and has had a few rescues.

Status
Not open for further replies.