PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterj

Lurker
Jul 28, 2015
Hi all. Longtime lurker, dont post often though.

I have a couple of Bargiel pipes I bought years ago in France and I read recently that he passed away. The ones that I have are both straight but in the past couple years I've preferred a bent shape. Does anyone know if there are still stores or collectors that might have some of his pipes for sale? I did check with RvK at I'Orientale and she said she didn't have any but that Philippe's daughter may have sold the remaining pipes. Thanks to all in advance! Cheers,

Peter

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks! Most interesting. The coloring on the shank almost suggests that the shank is two pieces. Is that something anyone else can comment on- is that a thing with some Meer makers?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
My opinion? It’s from saliva that runs into the shank and tobacco juices that don’t get cleaned out. See how it starts right after the plastic Meer tenon/screw fitting?

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
Very nice.

I run lots of cleaners and (almost) pure alcohol regularly. It really is interesting how its been coloring. If I smoke it hard the color gets much much lighter then comes back dark the next day
I have a Kaywoodie myrshum pipe that I inherited from my Godfather
It had a lot of coloring and was ghosted with something not nice.
I scrubbed the heck out of it with Everclear. Never got rid of the ghost "until i started smoking Lakeland blends out of it" but alot of the patina / coloring faded. I've been smoking it alot and coloring is slowly coming back but I don't run alcohol through it or any of my myrshum pipes. Dry pipe cleaners and paper towels after each smoke for me from now on. 20200819_164653.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.