Which Famous Blends Have You Never Tried?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I think that was me XD

Next on my list is Capstan

I bought a couple tins of Capstan Blue when I was first getting into Virginias a couple years ago. I thought it was pretty good at first, but I recently revisited it and wheeeeew is it good! The aroma is like standing on a fresh cut hayfield on a cool morning. In all fairness, a couple years of age probably did it some good, and it also took me some time to realize that Virginia tobacco smokes more finicky than other styles and you’ve gotta keep it burning cool. Right now it’s feeling like Capstan Blue could be one of my top blends... I’ll have to smoke a few more tins to be sure puffy

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So how do you sort the reviews my most reviewed on TR? This has blown my mind. I can’t figure out how to do it.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Escudo is on it’s way. I’ll sample a bit then jar it up for a year or more. If it rocks I’ll buy more. Not a huge Va/Per fan yet. But, I know someday I might love it and want to have some aged to enjoy.

Never had Penzance. Sadly tried a very well aged Mclelland and don’t think I loved it. I was too new to understand technique.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hmmmm this is a tough question... over the years I have tried A LOT of blends. There are a bunch of more popular GL Pease blends that I’ve not tried. If we are only talking current production easy to get blends then that is probably where I’m lacking.

I think you’ll be presently surprised by a Orlik Golden Sliced, I still think it’s a fantastic smoke for the warmer months. I don’t smoke it often anymore but I have it cellared deep. This is one of those blends that would absolutely reach legendary status if it were to disappear tomorrow but since it’s so easy to get and affordable to boot I think it often gets over looked by some of the more obscure flakes on the market. I would take this one over the more often talked about F&T flakes any day.

Reactions: tobefrank

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Me neither. The guy at our bodega gave me a pouch that he's had for years and couldn't sell, so I've got some aged CB! I've never even been tempted.
Don’t worry. With all that propylene glycol, that pouch will keep for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.