PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Nice job! I had one that I made to hold 50+, but I scrapped it. Never was very happy with it.
Nice work on your stands. I still have more materials so I may make more stands in the future. I know what you mean about being happy about a larger one. I made the decesion not to router any of the edges or to sand to smooth, opting for a more rustic look. Now I am wondering if long term I will be happy about that decision. To be honest, right now I feel like it looks unfinished and am hoping the rustic look will grow on me.

Reactions: BROBS and petes03

deadidunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2020
Hineston, LA
Looks awesome! I'll add that design to my list if i ever get around to building one. I have a couple peices of spalted magnolia that would "pop" with good poly if i use them.

Reactions: BROBS

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Nice work on your stands. I still have more materials so I may make more stands in the future. I know what you mean about being happy about a larger one. I made the decesion not to router any of the edges or to sand to smooth, opting for a more rustic look. Now I am wondering if long term I will be happy about that decision. To be honest, right now I feel like it looks unfinished and am hoping the rustic look will grow on me.
You could always take a blow torch to it real quick, that would give it a finish that hides alot of the rough spots.

• Haha
Reactions: bnichols23
Status
Not open for further replies.