PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really could use some tobacco seed

You can buy seed anywhere from amazon to any number of other websites. Also, you can contact your local Farmers Cooperative and get seed for mere pennies. Personally, I look for heirloom varieties to grow, because all of the other commercial crops are already easy to get. If I'm going to grow it, I want to grow something different. Although, I did grow a row of commercial Virginia Gold, just to have something to compare to what's available. It's easy, easy, easy, and I'm surprised more people aren't growing their own tobacco.

Reactions: saintpeter

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Join the Fair Trade Tobacco Forum. Probably the best site around for growing tobacco plus they give away seeds like there's no tomorrow. The FTT seed bank is second to none for the number of varieties.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Actually, it's all the same plant, tomato leaves left over from making Campbell's soup, but it's sprayed with different flavorings. The big "tobacco" companies get together once a year to come up with confusing names, fix prices and decide how much free stuff they can give away before people get really offended. None of this, of course, applies to premium cigars, which are rolled out of recycled grocery bags and cardboard made from dehydrated sewage sludge by the developmentally disabled in a sheltered workshop on the outskirts of Newark, NJ. Tobacco hasn't been grown in the western hemisphere in over 100 years.
This is why I think the fda should separate premium pipe tobacco from cigars:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: woodsroad

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hmmm. Granger, that ancient OTC flavored with molasses has always been labeled Kentucky burley rough cut. I guess it's burley that hasn't been smoked dark-fired. I much like Russ O.'s Fire Storm, balanced and full-flavored.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

adductum

Lurker
Jul 17, 2020
I am smoking at the moment 8 parts by volume dark burley,1 part dark fired kentucky,1 part izmir. Cigar like
and strong with a great taste.Way too strong for an all day smoke for me.I would not go above 10% for the izmir or dark fired kentucky.

Reactions: canucklehead

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I am smoking at the moment 8 parts by volume dark burley,1 part dark fired kentucky,1 part izmir. Cigar like
and strong with a great taste.Way too strong for an all day smoke for me.I would not go above 10% for the izmir or dark fired kentucky.
Right now I'm smoking a big bowl of 30% C&D chopped cigar leaf, 30% DFK, and 40% Izmir. Dry, rich, and spicy.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Actually, it's all the same plant, tomato leaves left over from making Campbell's soup, but it's sprayed with different flavorings. The big "tobacco" companies get together once a year to come up with confusing names, fix prices and decide how much free stuff they can give away before people get really offended. None of this, of course, applies to premium cigars, which are rolled out of recycled grocery bags and cardboard made from dehydrated sewage sludge by the developmentally disabled in a sheltered workshop on the outskirts of Newark, NJ. Tobacco hasn't been grown in the western hemisphere in over 100 years.
knew it. Well thanks now I can safe lots of money.

Reactions: woodsroad
Status
Not open for further replies.