PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have a package, coming from St. Louis, MO. I live in Vancouver, WA (about 30 seconds north of Portland via I-5). This is the pathing:

August 5, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
August 4, 2020, 11:15 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
HONOLULU HI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
August 3, 2020, 10:19 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
HONOLULU HI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 31, 2020, 10:41 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 31, 2020, 10:36 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
July 31, 2020, 9:21 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63117
July 31, 2020, 5:05 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63117
July 31, 2020, 10:29 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63117

New one for me. I get that the 'Rona is everywhere, but between this and an auction I won from Pipestud that disappeared in the back of my carriers truck for 3.5 weeks before delivery, I am starting to have some concerns for the postal service. Amazon seems to not miss a beat. We have gotten about 150 deliveries with no issues since mid-March.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
From what I've heard, the USPS doesn't have their own plane fleet, so they piggyback on commercial carriers, tossing the mail bag into whichever carrier is available/seems to be going that way/what-have-you. This would create quite the circuitous routes some times.

Now, wait.... THAT Portland?? Maybe they're circumventing it to prevent your parcel from being enjoyed by certain characters.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
You guys are obviously just not up with the times.

The idea that "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line" is just one of many antiquated and inherently biased notions that have been abandoned in favor of higher and more equitable learning.

Reactions: timelord and Casual
1. Shortest distance between two points on Earth’s surface is not a straight line. It is a geodesic
2. Shortest route is not the most efficient... that’s why people do not travel long distances via local roads - They take a highway
3. There can be multiple solutions to the most efficient route problem based on what you are trying to optimize - The most common are time, cost etc

You guys are obviously just not up with the times.

The idea that "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line" is just one of many antiquated and inherently biased notions that have been abandoned in favor of higher and more equitable learning.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I take it back...there is at least one brain among you.

He & I are the only ones capable of understanding why it went to Honolulu.

I would advise the rest of you to not attempt figuring it out...you may injure yourselves.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.