PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I think SSjones aka Al does them. I know Walker Briar Works does them.
I think I remember reading that AL spends at least 8 hours on every pipe he works on as they all come back with a 14kt 1 gram Swiss ingot tied to the pipe. It is a really nice touch.

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
I would recommend Walker BriarWorks. I’ve lost count of how many refurbed and repaired pipes Mike has done for me. I have used others but always return to Walker.

Reactions: ofafeather

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
i just went to the Walker Briar Work site and they've closed up shop! Never used them myself but the have a nice little farewell message posted and I hope retirement agrees with them. I know I liked it when I did it. But it didn't last long. The trouble for me was there was no money in it.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Rich is a world class repair guy who’s been at this longer than most members here have been alive. The problem is, he is usually really backed up as he also runs a tobacco shop with his son. I would email and ask about turn around first.
It is true Walker Briar Works closed but Mike Myers at Walker Pipe Repair took over and is very much in business. He can also get pretty backed up.
There are others out there as well. Especially if it is only a light refurbishment job.

Status
Not open for further replies.