PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Heh, for some reason this reminded me of that time when my Ukrainian friend asked one of the hutterites at the local garden market, many years ago, if they sold hamsters to butcher and make soup. The baffled girl asked him, 'hamsters!!??' My friend replies, 'yeah, yeah, hamsters! To eat!' Gal was looking at him like 'WTH is this guy on??' So, she answers, 'no, no', and we walked away from the stall.

So, I ask him, 'what was all that about?' And he goes on about hamsters and starts describing the animal to me, 'yeah, hamster, you know, red crest, crows in the morning...', and I'm like 'd'oh!! You mean ROOSTER!!!'

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife and I, on a visit to Paris, visited La Jardin des Plantes (likely butchered my French) and saw a male mallard duck that seemed to need some attention to a broken or injured leg. So on our way out, we stopped by the administrative office and tried to describe the disabled animal. Our poor language skills gave them to understand that we had brought a dog with us which was purple and green and we wanted help finding it. It took us some time and a small tin of canned duck to get our message across, after which everyone was much amused. My wife and I laughed all the way back on the subway, causing further bewilderment from onlookers. We never found our purple and green dog.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Could be a baby hippo or a hamster... not sure.
AND not mine.

5563124_700bwp.webp

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I dunno what to say. We have 1 cat and 1 dog to be sure but we also have something that might best be described as a wererat. Insanely vicious most of the time and super sweet and loving a small portion of the time. Most excellent burglar alarm though. She can tell the difference between the sound of regular neighborhood car doors closing and other, not regular, doors.

I'd count her as "not sure". I suppose she could be some sort of alien but she's best as described as having the cuteness of Gizmo the gremlin but the attitude of spike the gremlin. Maybe she's a gremlin? Or a midget chupacabra?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I dunno what to say. We have 1 cat and 1 dog to be sure but we also have something that might best be described as a wererat. Insanely vicious most of the time and super sweet and loving a small portion of the time. Most excellent burglar alarm though. She can tell the difference between the sound of regular neighborhood car doors closing and other, not regular, doors.

I'd count her as "not sure". I suppose she could be some sort of alien but she's best as described as having the cuteness of Gizmo the gremlin but the attitude of spike the gremlin. Maybe she's a gremlin? Or a midget chupacabra?
yes pretty close to the scene I got in my head when I saw that answer.

Reactions: shanez and BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Questionnaires often go astray before they get to the people intended to fill them out. A recent marketing survey from an online pipe and tobacco outfit asked which of the listed pipe brands was my last pipe purchase, and of course, none of those brands was the last I had purchased. Hence, surveys are often misleading in themselves.

If I had a pet I couldn't identify as to species, I believe I'd work on that.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Questionnaires often go astray before they get to the people intended to fill them out. A recent marketing survey from an online pipe and tobacco outfit asked which of the listed pipe brands was my last pipe purchase, and of course, none of those brands was the last I had purchased. Hence, surveys are often misleading in themselves.

If I had a pet I couldn't identify as to species, I believe I'd work on that.
the thing is on a lot of the other questions I don't know is a sensible answer. Almost like they got into a habit of using it as an answer and kept it in on this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.