PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Coming from a country that gave the world rugby, cricket and soccer, I have never had the remotest interest in those sports. At school, where all three were very much on the sports curriculum, I could never find myself interested, much preferring cross-country running.

As an adult I've always been a fan of watching just snooker and Formula 1 racing.....the latter not so much now due to the restrictions involved. Those cars are pretty much driven by techs sat in the pits and that in my view isn't 'racing' in the proper sense so I rarely watch it these days.

Snooker I find hugely relaxing though these last few years the commentary has become far too much of the experience. Ex snooker players saying how they would take a certain shot and then admonishing the player for not taking the commentator's 'shot' is a nuisance. John Virgo is the worst for this.

So folks, what sports are we watching? I suspect there will be the regular baseball (rounders over here) and American football but hope to hear about more obscure sports.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: indoeuro

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I like football (soccer) and handball. Women's handball is great also.
I like the drama of boxing, but find myself wincing from the brutality on display. It's a love/hate thing.

Reactions: indoeuro

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
NFL football and NBA basketball. Mavericks and Cowboys. I will watch and enjoy other sports, but those are the ones I follow religiously.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Mainly football (soccer) F1 and Moto GP with some UFC and boxing. I watch darts if it's on the tv, snooker if Ronnie's playing and cricket if it's the ashes. Oh and athletics if it's the Olympics or World Championships.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

ChickenT00th

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2020
I love F1, that’s the only sport I truly keep up with. My lady and I have F1 TV and watch all the events religiously, it’s been a recent surprise to find ourselves so enthralled by it, but it’s been a lot of fun over the last few years.

I can find myself being a fair weather fan of my local football teams (Saints & LSU) if the season seems fun. I’d like to get more into Rally car, Indycar, and possibly Golf.

ChickenT00th

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2020
Also, for those with Netflix:

“The Last Dance” about Michael Jordan & the Chicago Bulls has been fantastic and I had no prior knowledge with basketball. Definitely recommend.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Used to watch F1 and WRC but not for a long time.

no real interest in other sports... what a bore.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Motorsports. In particular, F1, Indycar, and to a much lesser extent, NASCAR.

Also, for those with Netflix:

“The Last Dance” about Michael Jordan & the Chicago Bulls has been fantastic and I had no prior knowledge with basketball. Definitely recommend.
Definitely a good watch. I quit watching basketball right after Jordan retired.

Reactions: ChickenT00th
Status
Not open for further replies.