PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic

Might Stick Around
Nov 27, 2019
Orange County, CA
I am drawn to sandblasts finishes and strawberry wood seems to take to them kindly as visibly demonstrated in that fine Eric Heberling! I find that strawberry wood tastes best with virginia blends from my experience with strawberry wood Beckers. Now that I am smoking primarily virginias, I'll have to keep an eye out for these brothers of briar. When smoking English blends, I didn't particularly like the taste for some reason. It marries perfect with virginias IMHO. Congratulations on your exquisite looking pipe, it is truly one I would have snatched up in a second had I come across it! I am glad you find it to be a pleasurable smoke.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I am drawn to sandblasts finishes and strawberry wood seems to take to them kindly as visibly demonstrated in that fine Eric Heberling! I find that strawberry wood tastes best with virginia blends from my experience with strawberry wood Beckers. Now that I am smoking primarily virginias, I'll have to keep an eye out for these brothers of briar. When smoking English blends, I didn't particularly like the taste for some reason. It marries perfect with virginias IMHO. Congratulations on your exquisite looking pipe, it is truly one I would have snatched up in a second had I come across it! I am glad you find it to be a pleasurable smoke.
This will be a dedicated Virginia pipe. First smoke was McConnell Red Virginia, which is one of my favorite Virginias, and I can’t recall it ever tasing better.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I admire the blast and the plateau of course. That pipe has real presence. A big pipe but probably not heavy, in strawberry. I'm interested in strawberry as an especially good material for Virginia leaf. I learn something every time on Forums.

Reactions: petes03

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I admire the blast and the plateau of course. That pipe has real presence. A big pipe but probably not heavy, in strawberry. I'm interested in strawberry as an especially good material for Virginia leaf. I learn something every time on Forums.
I forget the exact weight, but it is very light for it’s size. It definitely seems to be a great material for Virginia, and I’m sure it will not be my last strawberry wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.