PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2016
After trying Latakia mixtures with some topping I came to the conclusion that I abhor them, the only exception being Dunhill Mixture 965 that has Black Cavendish but I seldom smoke it anyway.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That would make sense as to why it doesn't bother me but a sweet topped Latakia mixture is really not enjoyable. Latakia by itself, when well mixed with other tobaccos, example G. L. Pease some C&D and the Murray Dunhills, hits all the right flovors.
Balkan Supreme has it as well. As much as I pride myself on little visible smoke, that one is hard to keep contained.?

jdb67

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2020
Albuquerque, NM
I tried Bald Headed Teacher and hated it. I'm going to try Black Frigate, which a few have mentioned. So I'm undecided on crossing aromatic with English right now. With that said, more power to anyone that likes this cross-over genre.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm generally not an aromatic smoker, and I'm generally not a smoker of blends which contain Latakia, but I will always have some Cornell & Diehl Old College on hand. Sometimes it just really hits the spot.

Moonbog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Not just you. Cult Embassy, also a Lat/Vanilla aro, has been a constant in my rotation this summer.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Mostly yea, except the ones that are too heavy on the aromatic side. Sillem’s Black is my favorite one. I also like a 75/25 mix of SPC Plum Pudding and Sutliff Creme Brulee or Molto Dolce.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Kramer's a Blend for Cary Grant. It's a little more English than Aromatic, but it's still a great smoke and you can get it bulk on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.