Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I've been enjoying GH's Grasmere tobacco and find it utterly boggling. If there is a more Lakeland blend than Grasmere, I haven't found it, including Ennerdale. Someone on TR said " Something of an iron fist in a velvet glove" and I think that is pretty apt. It dawns on me it its the first transgender tobacco. It starts out all perfumey and old grandma lady smelling and to a degree tasting and I'm surprised I like it but then by mid bowl, it's very earthy, nutty some what woodsy and settles into the same vein as Rum Flake. Ennerdale doesn't settle in quite as contrasting a way as Grasmere does. It's very good. I'd only buy it again if they were out of other GH flakes I liked more.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
It’s been more than 15 yrs since I smoked it but I do remember it to be the definition of Lakeland essence. Ennerdale, one of my favorites, doesn’t really have the floral soap ones associated with Lakeland’s.

Oct 7, 2016
I smoke a lot of Grasmere. Does that mean I am progressive and 'woke'?
Progressive? I smoke some too, and I don’t think I am.
Woke? Some of the regulars here swear up and down that high nicotine content blends help them sleep. I am just the opposite, so I would consider myself woke. At leas as woke as a can get70 year old who has been rode hard and put up wet can get

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Actually back on point about Grasmere, it really is rather good. If I have one criticism of the product its the fact that if you smoke the stuff fresh out of the box and you don't pack it properly you get a fair amount of moisture and what I call the lakeland smoothy effect. I personally like higher moisture level tobaccos as it helps to color the meerschaum but I can imagine it could be quite off putting to a novice.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Mmm, anyone hear of progressive (prog) rock? You don’t need political leanings to enjoy King Crimson or Jethro Tull.
of course but the context says it's not the kind of prog that is being talked about. Though part of me is still kind of amazed this thread hasn't gone down the dark path of being closed for political discussions.

Jan 27, 2020
of course but the context says it's not the kind of prog that is being talked about. Though part of me is still kind of amazed this thread hasn't gone down the dark path of being closed for political discussions.

To be honest I sort of glanced over the original post but after reading it now maybe it’s better to call this tobacco Glam.

Status
Not open for further replies.