PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
I am in what I consider the renaissance of my pipe smoking. Years back in NY, I was primarily a cigar smoker, but had a couple of pipes and smoked my local tobacconists blends now and then. It was a peaceful existence. Like all good New Yorker's, I retired and moved to Florida. When my new Cuban friends here would visit home, they would return with a box of cigars for me. Lately however, they don't seem to visit enough. I decided to revisit my pipe smoking to complement my Cuban cigar passion. Unfortunately, there are no tobacconists near me. I am lucky if I can score a pouch of Captain Black (Original only) for $16+ at a single supermarket. I decided to go online to find tobacco and a whole new world opened to me. I have since read a lot of tobacco reviews and lurked here a bit, purchased some nice pipes and quite a variety tobacco and am in the process of sorting through of my discoveries and navigating the nuances of proper pipe smoking. So, the journey begins. Where it takes me, I can't say. One thing for sure though; I am enjoying the ride.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Howdy from central Florida!

Love the gulf coast. I am moving back to Sarasota as soon as I’m done with school here.
There are tons of helpful threads here and there are some very helpful members as well.

Sounds like you have mindset of a pipe smoker! Happy smokes
-Rick

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I have a cousin who lives near Ft. Myers on the Caloosahatchie River which I can't spell. I came to the South from the Chicago area after the Navy to go to grad school and married into a Southern family. After being a widower for some years, I remarried a friend from the Midwest and undergrad years who moved here with me.

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I have a cousin who lives near Ft. Myers on the Caloosahatchie River which I can't spell. I came to the South from the Chicago area after the Navy to go to grad school and married into a Southern family. After being a widower for some years, I remarried a friend from the Midwest and undergrad years who moved here with me.
Thank you for your welcome. Glad to hear you have someone new in your life. If they don't share your passion for the pipe, hopefully they will at least provide with feedback on room note as my wife does.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Both wives magnificent, but no bragging. My wife now came from a farming town in deepest rural Missouri but spent her working life in Manhattan and on Long Island for the newspaper Newsday. Her knowledge of the streets, roads, tunnels and bridges of Manhattan is breathtaking. Both wives had heavy cigarette habits they wisely overcame, but the pipe was no issue. My wife has bought me some of my most up-market pipes, and has astonished me with blends right on target. Wives ARE the arbiters of room note.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Welcome! My world of pipes and tobaccos opened up when I joined this forum around 7 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.