PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
Sounds like it time to cellar deep on your favorite aromatics if you live in California. Probably a good idea for the rest of us too.

"Senate Bill 793 would prohibit a tobacco retailer and his or her employees from selling, offering for sale, or pressing with the intent to sell or offer for sale, a flavored tobacco product or a tobacco product flavor enhancer. Under this bill, it would be an infraction punishable by a fine of $250 per violation should a retailer go against this law. "

Here's the full story: California's Senate Bill 793 Takes Aim at Flavored Tobacco Products - https://tobaccobusiness.com/californias-senate-bill-793-takes-aim-at-flavored-tobacco-products/?utm_campaign=1768247_Tobacco%20Business%20-%20June%2030%2C%202020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Kretek%20Inc.&dm_i=2Y4M,11WDZ,7FT28P,40RDL,1

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
CALIFORNIA SAFETY
C6D7EE66-C405-4D2F-82DF-CC5EF8D4EB44.jpeg
ALSO GUNS, TOBACCO, AND EVERYTHING IS SUPER DANGEROUS SO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY HAVE THESE ITEMS. ITS FOR YOUR PROTECTION. ONLY CRIMINALS NEED THESE THINGS. MOMMY STATE WILL PROTECT YOU AND MAKE EVERYTHING ALRIGHT BABY. TRUST US NOW GO TO SLEEP.... SHHHHH.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I understand there are bills pending on impermissible colors of neckties, forbidden flavors of sundaes, certain styles of underwear, illegal material for socks, statutes against scratching yourself in public, regulatory auditions for musicians who may not have talent, etiquette required of small children, laws forbidding the teaching of Latin to dogs, mandatory recycling of finger and toenail clippings, censorship of greeting cards, and so much more. O'er the land of the free. Oh, and flavored tobacco, but we knew that one.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I understand there are bills pending on impermissible colors of neckties, forbidden flavors of sundaes, certain styles of underwear, illegal material for socks, statutes against scratching yourself in public, regulatory auditions for musicians who may not have talent, etiquette required of small children, laws forbidding the teaching of Latin to dogs, mandatory recycling of finger and toenail clippings, censorship of greeting cards, and so much more. O'er the land of the free. Oh, and flavored tobacco, but we knew that one.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS THAT ALLOW A WOOL/COTTON BLENDED SOCK!!!!???? WHERE IS THE NEED FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT? THAT'S A MILITARY SOCK AND YOU KNOW IT AND NO CIVILIAN NEEDS ONE.

GO BACK TO SLEEP PEOPLE>>>> NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I can almost guarantee the passage of this bill. The Democratic party holds a super majority in both the house and the assembly and they have been able to push through every piece of legislation that doesn't carry a high price tag. Every time I have contacted my rep, Ami Bera, about tobacco-related issues and how their legislation is taking away choice from adults, I've been dismissed with the "thanks for sharing your valued opinion with me but this is for the kids" line.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
leaving-california.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.