Pipestud Once Again Needs Pipe Identification Help, Please?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
This pipe is another from the collection of a deceased collector whose widow sent me his pipes. She doesn't have a clue who made this one and, ashamedly, neither do I. I guess you should really call me Pipedud!

The pipe is Danish is style but I sure don't recognize the nomenclature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_8006.JPGIMG_8005.JPG

Reactions: pitchfork

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is that "JP"? Can we assume 2004 is the year of its carving? The other number, 06, might suggest a factory pipe shape. That flourish in the stem treatment looks familiar, though it might have been a trend in design. I feel like I've seen those stems before. Can't he

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
You may be onto something workman. The pipe you posted a photo of has a stem the spittin' image of this one.
The picture is from the website of The Danish Pipe Shop. They have a few of his pipes listed, including another one with a similar style stem.
Their pictures seldom show nomenclature, but on one I could see a logo, and it was not like yours.
Anyway, Denmark is small, so the guys at the shop probably know this Mr Heding and will be able to unravel this mystery, if you ask them.

Reactions: anotherbob

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
what are those markings on the side of the shank?

alaskanpipe actually easily solved the mystery and I'm headed to the eye doctor. Below is what is marked on the side of the shank. And I just discovered that the nomenclature I posted a photo of above indicates that the pipe was made by Per Hansen.

Once again, this forum has all the answers. Thanks!

IMG_8028.JPG

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
alaskanpipe actually easily solved the mystery and I'm headed to the eye doctor. Below is what is marked on the side of the shank. And I just discovered that the nomenclature I posted a photo of above indicates that the pipe was made by Per Hansen.

Once again, this forum has all the answers. Thanks!

View attachment 34479
You mean I could have picked up an S. Bang for cheap? @alaskanpiper!!!!! ?

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.