Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Mixing smoke with the air is no small disruption. No definition of the sustaining breath includes its smell as it enters the lungs. Also, a partners cannot ignore their best solution of smoking outside. A partner who probably doesn't smoke cannot easily concede yours, while a partner who does has already conceded.

Reactions: newportpipe
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Because tobacco smoke is incredibly bad for animals. It causes kidney failure among a host of other problems.

Don't they say the same thing about people smoking tobacco? Seems like its also worth mentioning that cats have it made.. every other feline that ever lived had it worse than the cat of a smoker.. they get A/C, an endless supply of food, and nap all day. I do like my cat, but damn..

newportpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
I live in a rental that doesn’t allow smoking in the house, so I step outside every time. Even if the lease allowed it, I can’t really imagine smoking inside a typical home. I don’t want to smoke around the cats, and I don’t really like the smell of stale, lingering smoke, dirty ashtrays, or the way smoke smells stick to fabrics and porous surfaces. Or looking at burn marks on the furniture from careless guests.

When we buy our own place, I’m probably going to set up a nice finished shed out back with comfy easy-clean furniture, a mini bar, a writing desk for me, things for other people to do, and plenty of effective ventilation and air filtration to serve as a little smoke lounge.
A shed would be the ultimate solution IMO.

Reactions: Misanthrope
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
A shed would be the ultimate solution IMO.

It's a real bummer though to move out into a shed...

I find myself thinking of errands to run, just to go smoke... then I have to make the block a few times to finish. Haha My sweet wife never complains, she's absolutley perfect.. but this is a real bummer of a problem. The worst part is, she smokes cigarettes. I did however get away with smoking a straight virginia on the couch last night.. that happens to be my least favorite type of tobacco, but I better learn to love it.

newportpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
It's a real bummer though to move out into a shed...

I find myself thinking of errands to run, just to go smoke... then I have to make the block a few times to finish. Haha My sweet wife never complains, she's absolutley perfect.. but this is a real bummer of a problem. The worst part is, she smokes cigarettes. I did however get away with smoking a straight virginia on the couch last night.. that happens to be my least favorite type of tobacco, but I better learn to love it.
Does your lovely wife smoke inside the house? If so, it should be “game on” for pipe blends. If not, you gotta feel it out.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
We have a non-smoking house. Both of us smoke, but we choose not to inside for reasons, I suppose. The cigs I can see, but a good VA? Smells like air freshener to me!
When my girl was gone this winter, I smoked a bit inside, lighter stuff, no Latakia. She never noticed. It was a grand couple of weeks.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Lots of good suggestions already but may I push you in a slightly different direction: consider some lighter Orientals. The right balance of Turkish leaf has this incense-y smell that is vague reminiscent of tea leaves and such.

I personally find it the least offensive smell (aromatics can be obnoxiously sugary).
I’ve gotten some positive comments on lat/oriental blends and the incense note. Stronger burlies, not so much.

I don’t smoke in doors these days but all of these blends that I have smoked recently get great positive comments:

SG Kendal Cream, Firedance Flake
GH Ennerdale
Peterson University Flake, PPP and Royal Yacht
Erinmore Flake
Orlik DSK
MacB Navy Flake
Watch City Deluxe Crumble Cut

I love the SG, GH, Peterson and Erinmore. The others are good enough but I’m not attached.

I love MacB Old Dark Fired and plan to experiment mixing that with other flakes such as MacB Navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.