PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I realize this is the wrong area but I wanted to post here if that's OK.
Our 2 year old border collie Jill is in the hospital. Her 2nd birthday is Monday. Yesterday she started vomiting blood and by this morning it was worse. I took her to the vet and he is still not sure what is going on and she won't retain her medications they are giving her. They are going to keep her over night and put her on an IV. They said the amount of blood in her vomit was getting worse. She and I are inseparable. We go everywhere together and she is always by my side.
I guess I'm posting this because in some way the people on the forum feel like family and I felt the need to tell someone. I know it's just a forum, but in some way the people I have met, actually spoke with, interacted with over the years, feel close.
Thank you all for listening.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I understand completely. For most people who have companion animals (and are companion animals to their creatures!) they are among the best friends, and closest, that we have. There is a reason my wife calls me a border collie, and bought me a t-shirt featuring the breed, so we understand. I will say prayers for Jill, and hope she recovers and heals completely. I don't have to tell you to visit her as much as you can; creatures take comfort in seeing us. Optimistically I will say, in two instances we have had animals, cats in this case, who were seriously ill and recovered. One was so aware that going back to the vet, he didn't complain at all; he knew it was a help. Hang in there. Keep us posted.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Sorry to hear about your dog Jill. Dogs (and cats) are part of the family and we love them. We put our beagle, Boomer, to sleep a couple of years...cancer. It was one of the worse days in my life.

I hope they figure out what's wrong with her and she recovers. Good luck.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I realize this is the wrong area but I wanted to post here if that's OK.
Our 2 year old border collie Jill is in the hospital. Her 2nd birthday is Monday. Yesterday she started vomiting blood and by this morning it was worse. I took her to the vet and he is still not sure what is going on and she won't retain her medications they are giving her. They are going to keep her over night and put her on an IV. They said the amount of blood in her vomit was getting worse. She and I are inseparable. We go everywhere together and she is always by my side.
I guess I'm posting this because in some way the people on the forum feel like family and I felt the need to tell someone. I know it's just a forum, but in some way the people I have met, actually spoke with, interacted with over the years, feel close.
Thank you all for listening.
My 8 yr old border collie, Romeo, and I are praying for the two of you.

Dogs are the only thing that will love you more than themselves. Just keep being the person your dog thinks you are.
0CF97DE3-15A6-408C-A8DD-C0D0C9B8FC52.jpeg

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
cCGlzVo.jpg

7FiW94v.jpg

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Hope she recovers well my friend. Could she have gotten into something poisonous or sharp that she could chew up? Did they do an xray?

Praying for your puppy ?

SkiCrash13

Lurker
Apr 30, 2020
Central Florida
Praying for both you and Jill. May the two of you find comfort in each other again. I've been there, and know how hard this is. Make sure you are by her side as much as she was by yours.

Reactions: kurtbob