PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Stupid to get in the predicament, but after that, it seems he didn't have much choice, an old guy by burglar standards, and probably not going to do well hung upside down for hours. Though it sounds kind of dorky to say it, a lot of crime doesn't even pay well for the effort when the perp isn't caught. For the same amount of time, more money could have been made on the (boring old) up-and-up. I guess it is the adrenaline high more than the "take."

Reactions: bnichols23

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Some years ago some guy in Leicestershire got arrested for farming hash plants in his loft. It had been a bitterly cold wintry week with much snow falling.

A passing police helicopter spotted his house was the only one with no snow on the roof!

You can work out the rest.

Regards,

Jay.?

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
He's a serial burglar, previously caught in the act on camera, and was caught in this most recent instance with methamphetamine as well. He was sentenced to community service, and ordered to take a "thinking skills course." I'd say the need for "thinking skills" is a foregone conclusion, given the circumstances.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Once when I was 19 I had bicycled 5 miles out to a forest preserve, what tracts of land with trees are called in Chicago. There's not much such land. Anyway, I climbed a wooded hill and holed up in a thicket that nonetheless afforded me a view of the adjacent toboggan chutes that I had visited the last winter with a family that had adopted me. Being of an age to smoke weed. I did, and carried a half-dozen bottles abandoned there to the trash.

On the way home I had a breakdown, so I flagged down a cop car and requested a ride back from the bicycle store with the repair in hand. Fairly quickly he asked if I had a gun in my backpack and then insisted that he inspect it, whereupon he found the dope and began talking about arresting me. Did I feel stupid! I got out of it by describing what a good Boy Scout I had been in the forest preserve to clean up trash. Did I feel stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.