PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tabac-Mania Semois medium cut in a Savinelli Hercules Oom-Paul; originally packed Sutliff Field and Stream match in an extra large Johs partially rusticated apple, but decided it needed to dry for some hours, so that's next. The Semois smells like a horse stall in the package but to me smokes like a blend. It is a single leaf burley variant from Belgium, for those who haven't followed its story, which is both much appreciated and much reviled ... polarizing you might say. If you are a burley person, in the tobacco sense, you might like it.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Tabac-Mania Semois medium cut in a Savinelli Hercules Oom-Paul; originally packed Sutliff Field and Stream match in an extra large Johs partially rusticated apple, but decided it needed to dry for some hours, so that's next. The Semois smells like a horse stall in the package but to me smokes like a blend. It is a single leaf burley variant from Belgium, for those who haven't followed its story, which is both much appreciated and much reviled ... polarizing you might say. If you are a burley person, in the tobacco sense, you might like it.
1FCEE26E-50FC-4E91-8582-78F48D085454.gif
HE’S A MANIAC.......MANIAC....!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am now smoking Wilke No.178 in a 1982 smooth slight bend straight grain Ben Wade Martinique freehand sitter with a wide top and a black vulcanite stem. Watching Green Acres.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures MSP The Burley Prototype in a medium bend black sandblasted IPSD 2016 Mark Tinsky book keeper 5 with a square shank and a black acrylic saddle stem with a cream colored accent.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking the last of my open stash of year 2014 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. I'll revisit the blend when I've smoked down more of the open samples I have. As this pipe smokes SJF so well, I doubt I'll smoke anything else in it, so I guess it'll get some rest for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.