Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jan 27, 2020
Totally nicotine withdrawal. I dipped a can a day forever, and quit 10 years ago. I was murderous for a week, just dangerous for 3 weeks, and unbearable for two months. After that, just kind of a dick for a year. Then I normalized.

5 years later picked my pipe back up (1-2 bowls a day). It's been fun, but still a slow trip back to minor nic addiction. It built up to me buying 4-5 cans over the past month. Man I was right back to full addiction. I stopped dipping a week ago. Not terrible, but dulling the nic-hit of a pipe is pretty depressing. So, I'm smoking 4-5 bowls a day, and I'm feeling a little more every time. However, that is too much for me and makes my mouth sore. My target is to back off back to 1 per day, skipping one day a week (and always on family vacation) out of principle. We will see how that goes.

Don't let anyone kid you. Nicotine is a terrible addiction. Smoking a pipe is nothing like dipping or cigs, but it's still hiding there. Just temper it back to a reasonable level, and you will be fine.

Sound advice. I’m at more or less 3 bowls a day, hope I can keep its that way.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Totally nicotine withdrawal. I dipped a can a day forever, and quit 10 years ago. I was murderous for a week, just dangerous for 3 weeks, and unbearable for two months. After that, just kind of a dick for a year. Then I normalized.

5 years later picked my pipe back up (1-2 bowls a day). It's been fun, but still a slow trip back to minor nic addiction. It built up to me buying 4-5 cans over the past month. Man I was right back to full addiction. I stopped dipping a week ago. Not terrible, but dulling the nic-hit of a pipe is pretty depressing. So, I'm smoking 4-5 bowls a day, and I'm feeling a little more every time. However, that is too much for me and makes my mouth sore. My target is to back off back to 1 per day, skipping one day a week (and always on family vacation) out of principle. We will see how that goes.

Don't let anyone kid you. Nicotine is a terrible addiction. Smoking a pipe is nothing like dipping or cigs, but it's still hiding there. Just temper it back to a reasonable level, and you will be fine.
thanks for this post..
did you have anxiety etc as well? or just "mad" at the world?

Reactions: puff_not_snuff

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Also, I work (engineering) from home, so sitting at my desk it's easy to smoke a lot more. When I am out and about, pipe smoking just doesn't fit in very well, except long trips by myself. It is easier to skip it when I am busy. But sitting here working, it is tough to pass up.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
On a side mustache note, my favorite wax manufacturer apparently went out of business, so now I'll be making my own more regularly. I have a double boiler tins, beeswax, and jojoba coming in tomorrow!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
thanks for this post..
I find it interesting because when I smoked cigs I never ever felt this way. When I quit cigs I literally stopped one day... and never felt any differently besides slightly wanting another cig.

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
thanks for this post..
Definitely anxiety, but it hard to separate from work. I have had one deadline after another, so I've pretty much been working 7am-9pm everyday for the last 6 weeks. Quick to anger for sure. Not mad at the world. Just at dumb people and dumb situations. HAHA

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
On a side mustache note, my favorite wax manufacturer apparently went out of business, so now I'll be making my own more regularly. I have a double boiler tins, beeswax, and jojoba coming in tomorrow!
shouldn't be too tough! gotta get some skin safe essential oil in there as well for "da scent".

Reactions: Chasing Embers

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Definitely anxiety, but it hard to separate from work. I have had one deadline after another, so I've pretty much been working 7am-9pm everyday for the last 6 weeks. Quick to anger for sure. Not mad at the world. Just at dumb people and dumb situations. HAHA
right with this whole lockdown and scary situation I can't say how much was from nic and how much not.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
That is pretty much what I was trying to get at.
agreed.. but it certainly doesn't seem to help.

I will say that reading about how nicotine may help has actually calmed me a bit. Now when I smoke my pipe I think "maybe this wards off some evil".