SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
I generally don’t smoke until the late afternoon, but felt rather lethargic and cranky around lunch time today, had a bowl here 1:30est and feel a tad more settled. Could be the isolation of the current living situation but I think the nicotine, or lack of might be a contributing factor. Any similar experiences?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I generally don’t smoke until the late afternoon, but felt rather lethargic and cranky around lunch time today, had a bowl here 1:30est and feel a tad more settled. Could be the isolation of the current living situation but I think the nicotine, or lack of might be a contributing factor. Any similar experiences?
yes I had been smoking quite a few pipes per day like 5 or 6.. then I went down to one or two and when I did smoke.. late in the day. around lunchtime I started having panic attacks and anxiety. I attribute it to nicotine withdrawl.. as I never have had this before. Of course the situation right now doesn't help things.

Reactions: Bowie
Jan 27, 2020
yes I had been smoking quite a few pipes per day like 5 or 6.. then I went down to one or two and when I did smoke.. late in the day. around lunchtime I started having panic attacks and anxiety. I attribute it to nicotine withdrawl.. as I never have had this before. Of course the situation right now doesn't help things.

That’s the truth. I usually have a bowl while walking the dog at night but didn’t last night, perhaps that’s a factor...

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Totally nicotine withdrawal. I dipped a can a day forever, and quit 10 years ago. I was murderous for a week, just dangerous for 3 weeks, and unbearable for two months. After that, just kind of a dick for a year. Then I normalized.

5 years later picked my pipe back up (1-2 bowls a day). It's been fun, but still a slow trip back to minor nic addiction. It built up to me buying 4-5 cans over the past month. Man I was right back to full addiction. I stopped dipping a week ago. Not terrible, but dulling the nic-hit of a pipe is pretty depressing. So, I'm smoking 4-5 bowls a day, and I'm feeling a little more every time. However, that is too much for me and makes my mouth sore. My target is to back off back to 1 per day, skipping one day a week (and always on family vacation) out of principle. We will see how that goes.

Don't let anyone kid you. Nicotine is a terrible addiction. Smoking a pipe is nothing like dipping or cigs, but it's still hiding there. Just temper it back to a reasonable level, and you will be fine.