PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
One of my favorites is Bold Kentucky, so I was full of anticipation and anxiety to try "Rustica", potentially the more "wild" version. I took quite seriously the advice about " two flakes". Two flakes it is.
First impression: very cool and dry smoke, no bite, took just one relight. It's slightly monotonous (but pleasantly monotone/consistent), for me it has minerally, slightly leathery and earthy taste, not sweet, at the end of bowl getting brighter. Closest comparison, if you smoke Semois with a pinch of Bold Kentucky.
Side effects: no spinning, no sweat, no shakes or nausea, but...suddenly at the end of bowl, you recognize that the night is unusually quiet, and you are temporary granted the ability to see in the darkness and fly ;)
Big respect to Ember, who survived 4 (!!!) flakes, and forever respect to my fellow Eastern Europeans who were smoking and INHALING "Mahorka/Samosad" for a couple centuries.
Temptation: to add a tad of Perique, to see how it will enhance the main taste.
Great smoke puffy

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Is Jolt sold anywhere anymore? I used to buy it all the time when at music school in Boston, great for all night jams. I don’t see it anywhere around NC.
We drank it alot in college. Caffeine doesn't keep me awake anymore but if I don't get it I get massive headaches.

Reactions: Ben.R.C

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
We drank it alot in college. Caffeine doesn't keep me awake anymore but if I don't get it I get massive headaches.
That’s the way I got when younger, but once I hit 50ish I can’t drink coffee or tea at night anymore, I still drink a boatload of coffee, tea, and coke during the day. I do drink a lot of coke at night and it doesn’t effect sleep, just not much caffeine, I guess. I take caffeine pills sometimes also when I don’t feel like drinking stuff. Anyway, Jolt needs to make a comeback. Red Bulls are good though!

Reactions: Chasing Embers

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
That stuff is soooooo bad.🤮

As the regular tea, it is different, but their canned flavored teas, especially the mint one, don’t have much of the tea flavor going on.

Clean’s Yerba Mate drinks, only taste like the flavors they make them in, there’s no Yerba Mate tea flavors.