PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 23, 2019
Jun 23, 2019
Just following directions from previous post on this site. Stay at home is encouraging me to play diy at home. It may turn out to be scifi stuff but at this point in my lock down it seems like a good idea? ?

That's pretty cool. Can I trouble you to link me to the previous thread? TIA.

Reactions: B.Fee

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
Well anytime you’re starting with a base of Reds it bodes well. I’ve only stoved OGS and I was very pleased with the results. I bet it will turn out delicious!
Thanks holding my breath. I enjoyed Butera Dark Stoved Royal Vintage but was not educated enough to cellar some away before it went the way of so many Blends. If this works out I plan on stoving some Virginia next.✌

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
There were no final reviews on the Best Brown thread... make me wonder if it went well. Any thoughts here?

Also the OGS seems like a good idea :)

I’ve got some Union Square I have no real love for that I might give a stove...

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Here’s the result, I got too excited to take a before pic, but I’m sure if you look for a pic of Union Square on the WWW you’ll find a pic.

certainly darkened up a lot!
It’s from 2018 and I kept coming back to it, last time a couple of weeks ago, and found no love. So I’m glad to be giving it another try :). I’ll let you know how it goes good or bad.

I’m looking forward to giving it a try in a couple of weeks :)

BEE3F97F-37A8-4C32-BD0B-6F04DD160082.jpeg

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
This had me intrigued and so I stoved a tin of CRF over the weekend. I opened it after the 2 hours and some cooling time and noticed under the lid there was quite a bit of condensation which hopefully doesn't cause any I'll will to the tobacco.

I dumped all the tobacco out on a coffee filter to dry up a bit, then took a bowl full to dry further before filling a bowl. The smell was like toasted almonds, or maybe even more of the burnt bread aromas. The tobacco was a more mellow smoke, with minimal harsh notes that CRF tends to have when first opening a tin.

One thing that aged tobacco has and this doesn't is that fermentation smell, like a nice malty beer. (I still dream about that 2010 Opening Night I smoked a few years back). It's good tobacco stoved, and fun for something different, but I'll let mother nature hopefully do her thing to age my other tins naturally.

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
This had me intrigued and so I stoved a tin of CRF over the weekend. I opened it after the 2 hours and some cooling time and noticed under the lid there was quite a bit of condensation which hopefully doesn't cause any I'll will to the tobacco.

I dumped all the tobacco out on a coffee filter to dry up a bit, then took a bowl full to dry further before filling a bowl. The smell was like toasted almonds, or maybe even more of the burnt bread aromas. The tobacco was a more mellow smoke, with minimal harsh notes that CRF tends to have when first opening a tin.

One thing that aged tobacco has and this doesn't is that fermentation smell, like a nice malty beer. (I still dream about that 2010 Opening Night I smoked a few years back). It's good tobacco stoved, and fun for something different, but I'll let mother nature hopefully do her thing to age my other tins naturally.
Thanks for an early report it sounds like what I'm shooting for. I've read it helps to let the tobacco rest to reabsorb the moisture that's why im waiting 2 weeks to pop my tin. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.