PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Sadly, I only am able to smoke cigars in the summertime. I only smoke outside, and it's too cold in Massachusetts in the winter months.... Cigar wrappers tend to behave badly and split when it's freezing out.

I did not like the Oliva Connecticut. I smoked a couple from Oliva samplers. For Connecticut wrapper, I prefer Monte Christo Classic or Rocky Patel Vintage 1999. I am still exploring to find something more interesting

What did you think of that Oliva CT? I loved the one I tried -- excellent flavor and construction -- but the wrapper was the weirdest yellow-orange hue of CT shade I've ever seen. Reminded me strongly of something in the barnyard that I'd just as soon leave unsaid, not wanting to yuck on your yum, so to speak.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
Ashton Esquire. A nice small cigar that comes in tins of 10, great for a 30-minute smoke to accompany a walk in the woods. I actually smoked some C&D Pegasus directly after and having primed my palate with the bittersweet coffee, wood, and cocoa flavors of the cigar made the Pegasus taste markedly more sweet than it normally does. It's interesting how relative taste can be

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Roma Cromagnon Fomorian (robusto). I love, love, love candelas. This one was phenomenal in my book. Nice hay and green tea notes, with a little light roast coffee with cream, and a spice note that's hard to put my finger on (mace?). Utterly fantastic stick, but too expensive for me to smoke often.

Attachments

• 20200220_165355.jpg
    20200220_165355.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.