PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, some leaf sold as RYO is fair quality Virginia, fine for mixing your own "blends" or smoking neat. Tobacco is tobacco, mostly

C&D being free of additives and casings.. I've found quite the opposite?
Which C&Ds have you tried? The ones I like are more in the pure tobacco category, but yeh, they do have some that are probably over processed. Autumn Evening, etc...
They do offer more variety of tobaccos than any other brand that I can think of. I guess I just have Bayou Morning, Virginia Flake, and Briar Fox on my brain as their stereotypical of their selections.

Reactions: BROBS
Oct 7, 2016
Thanks for the replies. P&C does have a sale, and if you enter code PCPIDC2117 at checkout you get another 15% off with free shipping over $69. Look at the estimated arrival date if you decide to go for the free shipping, they give you a choice.

I decided not to order any. The Picayune I have is unquestionably a quality product, and one day I might re order it and try some other things, but I expect a GH drop in a month or so, if not sooner, and will save for that. Again, thanks.

Reactions: BROBS and Bengel

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
You're risking your life by ordering from P&C. We keep getting reports of deaths, dismemberment, life changing gender issues, and the plague from members that have tried. Heade my warnings... puffy they killed me dead twice... well... I got better.
And my last order actually showed up 4-5 days quicker then previous ones, go figure ;)

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I've smoked all of the Raccoon blends and a couple of others that have been mentioned. I admit that one of my favorites is D&R's London Dock blend which is an aromatic. I usually buy a tin when I find it in my local B&M.

Reactions: trubka2

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
I also like every D&R I’ve tried, but especially the Ryback and Rimboche. And if you can score a tub of one of his blending Periques…great stuff.

Haven't had Ryback but Rimboche is in my top 5 now, stunned by that blend. Are these perique tubs available anywhere online? I would love it, if it were possible, to get ahold of the same perique that is used in Rimboche AP.

Reactions: trubka2

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Haven't had Ryback but Rimboche is in my top 5 now, stunned by that blend. Are these perique tubs available anywhere online? I would love it, if it were possible, to get ahold of the same perique that is used in Rimboche AP.

They aren't any longer.

Reactions: subsalac
Are these perique tubs available anywhere online? I would love it, if it were possible, to get ahold of the same perique that is used in Rimboche AP.
I have no idea whether any is in stock, but the C&D blending perique is straight from La Poche (or last time I asked them). La Poche being the same place owned by Mark, that owns DR Tobaccos.

Reactions: subsalac and BROBS

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I thoroughly enjoy the Ramback Balkan. It's a great any time smoke. I also like the Ryback Regular and Picayune.

D&R tobaccos taught me proper cadence, being very dry.

1581549942647.png

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017

You may still might be able to pick some up. It's been since 10/18 since I bought some though. D & R was still selling their Blender's Bench tobaccos but not online or in their catalogs. It could only be ordered over the phone. You had to first fax a copy of your driver's license for proof of age. I was able to pickup their Decade Series Perique, Grand Point Perique, Izmir and Samsun. Thinking that it was in 8oz containers but not sure.

Sure...it's not as convenient as ordering from SP, but if it's still available, I can't recommend it enough. At the time they had everything in the series available except for Yenidge, but was expecting more in. Good luck.BlendersBench_1938098997.png

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
You may still might be able to pick some up. It's been since 10/18 since I bought some though. D & R was still selling their Blender's Bench tobaccos but not online or in their catalogs. It could only be ordered over the phone. You had to first fax a copy of your driver's license for proof of age. I was able to pickup their Decade Series Perique, Grand Point Perique, Izmir and Samsun. Thinking that it was in 8oz containers but not sure.

Sure...it's not as convenient as ordering from SP, but if it's still available, I can't recommend it enough. At the time they had everything in the series available except for Yenidge, but was expecting more in. Good luck.View attachment 19187

Thanks! I'll have to explore this option

Status
Not open for further replies.