PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I'll be curious to hear how much people like it. Somehow the sound of figs, stewed fruit and grandma's floral soap just doesn't appeal to me.
Grandma's soap is the best part, maybe it's a reminder of the consequences of mouthing off within earshot of grandma when I was a kid!

What else can bring back such find memories of granny?

Last edited:

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Which smoke shop did he go to? I will call down there...since I will have them on the line I will run through our Prince Albert jokes as well.
Ashes N Embers in Somerville,NJ....Opening the Tin was Sweet Figs, Fruit, Spice and Topping Lakeland essence (Liquor) is very lite. I passed the Tin around and Non-Pipe smokers said Sweet Fruit. Moisture is a little wet. I found the sweetness, spice and topping were balanced thought out the smoke. I enjoyed this blend and look to age this for a few months to review again...It's a keeper for me.

SGHFlake.png

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Ashes N Embers in Somerville,NJ....Opening the Tin was Sweet Figs, Fruit, Spice and Topping Lakeland essence (Liquor) is very lite. I passed the Tin around and Non-Pipe smokers said Sweet Fruit. Moisture is a little wet. I found the sweetness, spice and topping were balanced thought out the smoke. I enjoyed this blend and look to age this for a few months to review again...It's a keeper for me.

View attachment 19205
Looking real good! Glad to hear it was enjoyable!

Reactions: BROBS

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I just received 10 tins. 1 air pillow, tins rattling around, but there were enough to avoid to much damage. The lids had a bead of some sort of adhesive around the inside edge holding them in place. Sort of an RTV like substance. Some tins had small dings and the bottoms were bowed in as if considerable force was used to push the tin together.

The “flakes” inside were pretty much well broken. So much for folding and stuffing this Flake... It was a tad on the dry side, but not Death Valley dry. The tin note was earthy Virginia, and a faint chocolate note, more vegetal than cocoa though. I didn’t detect any floral or perfume notes.

I shredded it up and set some out to dry for an hour or two. I’ll smoke some later in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.