PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..

1. Best tasting blends in the known universe.
2. Reasonable prices. Discounts on bulk sales, and reasonable shipping costs too.
3. No fuss condition. Moisture levels are near perfect and require very little (if any) drying time.
4. No fuss cut. Their "flakes" are actually more like crumble cakes, and they rub out quickly and easily.
5. Watchy City tobaccos improve your cellar, because your other tobaccos can age without interruption since you won't want to bother smoking anything other than Watch City ;)

Thank you Ernie!

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
At this point in time, my all-time favorite tobaccos are Watch City blends 558 and Old Dominion. I've had a lot of highly reputed tobaccos in my long smoking life, but never anything as good as these. No drying needed, and they smoke at a perfect pace. Richly flavorful and no after bite. I only discovered them fairly recently, but now I have seen the light.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
At this point in time, my all-time favorite tobaccos are Watch City blends 558 and Old Dominion. I've had a lot of highly reputed tobaccos in my long smoking life, but never anything as good as these. No drying needed, and they smoke at a perfect pace. Richly flavorful and no after bite. I only discovered them fairly recently, but now I have seen the light.
Those are two of the best I've tried!
the Watch City Slices actually made me like Burley again.
I have seen the light of Watch City.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
I thought they pressed them there?

So did I. Sounds like they do blend it all in-house, but (as has been confirmed above) have their stuff pressed elsewhere. Works for me. Their stuff is magic.

From Watch City's site..

"Burley, English, Virginia, Aromatic and Hybrids! All formulated and blended in here in beautiful Framingham, MA! We don't repackage lane blends...these outstanding pipe mixtures are all original. Keep a lookout here for seasonal and special edition offerings as well...you never know when inspiration may strike!"

Also

"Q: Do you really blend your own tobacco, or do you just re-name bulk tobacco blends?
A:
We absolutely DO blend our own tobaccos! Every tobacco with the Watch City name is formulated and blended on the premises!"

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So did I. Sounds like they do blend it all in-house, but (as has been confirmed above) have their stuff pressed elsewhere. Works for me. Their stuff is magic.

From Watch City's site..

"Burley, English, Virginia, Aromatic and Hybrids! All formulated and blended in here in beautiful Framingham, MA! We don't repackage lane blends...these outstanding pipe mixtures are all original. Keep a lookout here for seasonal and special edition offerings as well...you never know when inspiration may strike!"

Also

"Q: Do you really blend your own tobacco, or do you just re-name bulk tobacco blends?
A:
We absolutely DO blend our own tobaccos! Every tobacco with the Watch City name is formulated and blended on the premises!"
I suppose they "blended" it ... doesn't say it was produced there. Though a little bit misleading in the language. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.