PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The news of Matches (aka: John Harden) having passed into the next stage of his existence has caused a lot of folks to think of him and what he has meant to their pipes and tobaccos experience.
That John was reportedly only 64 yrs old should give us all pause to consider our own limitations and what we'll do with 'em.

I started smoking a pipe almost 6 yrs ago, and it was the likes of Matches860 who helped me get the proper vibe and who shared whatever he could about smoking pipes, all with an attitude of calm deliberation.

I only hope that his catalog of youtube videos remains available.

Light a bowl today ( a Savinelli perhaps?) and give ole John and his family a thought or two in passing.

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
We are asking a lot for a blend? C&D shoots em out like hotcakes. What do they have, something like 300-400 different blends? And that's just active blends.

Reactions: Fooberticus

wooooo

Lurker
Feb 2, 2017
I loved Mr. Harden's videos and I hope his family can rest a little easier knowing he touched so many people. Rest easy Matches860.

Reactions: charf

Dr_Harshit_Joshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2020
Nainital, India
I saw this yesterday- great idea in my opinion
canadianpuffer, I think its the least an individual can do for an amazing soul who really was selfless for the service he did in the form of vids in YTPC. I personally had a word with him once and man.. what an amazing person he was! It was him and Muttnchop Piper who taught me ABC's of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos through their videos and there's still alot to learn.
He will be forever remembered for his stories, reviews, friday live streams and of course The Friday Savinelli!
RIP Mr. Harden

Happy Piping Everyone puffy
Please stay home and stay safe ?
Best wishes from Rishikesh, India

Reactions: Mis Pipas

heyeveryone

Lurker
Apr 8, 2019
I hope a dont break any forum rules by posting this but i think its to important not to.

We dident get C.D. to make changes to haunted bookshop but "The Pipe Nook" did something wonderfull instead, 860 custom pipes from savinelli marked with numbers from 1-860 and "matches860".

Wish i could get one myself but the current situation with corona has made my funds very limited. 20usd from each sale will be donated to Johns family.

I miss you John, you are one of the main reasons i smoke a pipe today, thank you for everything!

heyeveryone

Lurker
Apr 8, 2019
Im both happy and sad, managed to scrape together the money needed for the pipe but they are all sold out.

17.200usd will be donated to Johns family. Money can never replace what was lost, but i hope it will help with something.

Thanks to everyone who bought a pipe!

Reactions: newportpipe

newportpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
Im both happy and sad, managed to scrape together the money needed for the pipe but they are all sold out.

17.200usd will be donated to Johns family. Money can never replace what was lost, but i hope it will help with something.

Thanks to everyone who bought a pipe!
That’s really cool of you to do that. I’ll bet you end up with one someday.