What's Your First Pipe Purchase of the New Year?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
I thought 2020 being the start of a new decade was going to inspire some kinda of additional fortitude in keeping to my New Year's Resolutions. Alas, that did NOT happen. TAD symptoms surfaced within a week and now shortly after, I have bought my first pipe of the decade:

IMG_5712.jpg

(I've been eyeing Roman's pipe for a while now and finally a pipe in his signature style/shape became serendipitously available).

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Wow! What a parade of absolutely gorgeous pipes!

So my first purchase of 2020 is going to look like an ugly duckling...

But for me it's a very special pipe, a 1920's - 30's Barling Super Tro-Tube, an extremely rare pipe that I've wanted for my menagerie for years. This is the first one to turn up in the 12 years I've been following Barling auctions on eBay and unlike the other two I've seen, it still has its stinger. We'll see what's under the grime after I receive it and start working on it.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'm thinking about getting this Savinelli Series III paneled saddle stem with a natural bowl. I had my paws on it back in December at Boda Pipes in Greenville, SC, but opted for a Savinelli Oscar Lucite 614, which was more expensive. It very light and feels good in the hand. Only drawback is the vulcanite stem. I'm not a fan of vulcanite.
View attachment 16024
I absolutely enjoy the heck out of my unfinished Savinelli and think you should get it!

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I'm thinking about getting this Savinelli Series III paneled saddle stem with a natural bowl. I had my paws on it back in December at Boda Pipes in Greenville, SC, but opted for a Savinelli Oscar Lucite 614, which was more expensive. It very light and feels good in the hand. Only drawback is the vulcanite stem. I'm not a fan of vulcanite.
View attachment 16024

I second @danimalia sentiments! Having just bought an unfinished Savinelli myself! And I have that same shape in a beautiful finish that I absolutely love, it’s a really wonderful pipe!

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
Post #100 in this thread!

Nothing fancy - as a new pipe smoker I am still trying to figure out what I like in pipes and may start digging around for estates, but in the meantime I liked the bent stem and rusticated finish of this Rossi 8622. I’ll post a review when it arrives.

73F55FA2-468A-487F-AD39-7157058EFB48.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.