PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Shepherd’s Pie (English), Hunting Creek (English Aromatic), and Old Toby (Aromatic) are my faves. Also heard good things about Angry Cornishmen (English) Bag End (Scottish) Green Dragon (a VA I think), and pretty much all the aros are solid.

I have some Green Dragon, Kingsfoil, Rivendell, Second Breakfast, Bag End, and a new blend called Smeagol that just came in to try. I know a lot of folks also like their seasonal Figgy Pudding.

Shepherd’s Pie is the real rock star though, and Old Toby is one of my favorite aros. Good stuff.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I hadn't found an aromatic that I cared to smoke regularly in over 25 years until sampling a few blends from Country Squire. I absolutely love Old Toby, and was pleasantly surprised by White Rose. I highly recommend you give both a try.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
After reading so many great reviews of The Country Squire offerings, this past November I picked up some of their aromatic blends to try.

As a sucker for Holiday-themed blends the first one I tried was Figgy Pudding. I think it's outstanding & looks like it's still available.

I also bought some Rivendell & Second Breakfast but haven't sampled those yet.

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
They have so many I can't figure out which to try, either.
What about Parson's Blend?

I ordered Rivendell, White Rose and Parson's blend from them a year or so ago. Parson's was ok but underwhelming. White Rose was interesting and definitely worth checking out. Rivendell is one of the only aromatics I would consider smoking, the stuff just rocks.

Next order I am getting some Hunting Creek as everyone talks about it (and some more Rivendell).

Reactions: AlabamaDan
Shepherd’s Pie (English), Hunting Creek (English Aromatic), and Old Toby (Aromatic) are my faves. Also heard good things about Angry Cornishmen (English) Bag End (Scottish) Green Dragon (a VA I think), and pretty much all the aros are solid.

I have some Green Dragon, Kingsfoil, Rivendell, Second Breakfast, Bag End, and a new blend called Smeagol that just came in to try. I know a lot of folks also like their seasonal Figgy Pudding.

Shepherd’s Pie is the real rock star though, and Old Toby is one of my favorite aros. Good stuff.

^ NAILED IT! ^

DO NOT miss out on their Shepard's Pie. It is top notch.

I will also vouch for Figgy Pudding, Northwest Trek and Hunting Creek in their Aros.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
I placed my first order with Country Squire a few months ago and have to say I was very impressed. I like English aromatics and they have a few. The quality of the leaf was excellent.

This is what I got:
Choctaw- A Virginia/ Cavendish blend with very subtle topping with hints of cocoa and vanilla. A very easy all day smoke

Hunting Creek- Labelled an English aromatic but with just a hint of latakia. There is sweetness from the black cav and Virginia with some nuttiness from the burley. Think 1Q with some latakia addedA perfect introduction to English style for someone looking to transition from

Nothwest Trek- Similar to Hunting Creek but with much more Latakia. A true English aromatic in that it is a perfect combination of sweet and savory and an absolutely perfect smoke for me.

Next up for me to try are PS blend, Rivendell and ld toby

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Keep em coming, sounds mostly positive any blends you didn’t care for?

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
Since I'm just getting started I'm going to try some Old Toby and Parson's Blend. I'm making a road trip in a few days and I'll just swing by and pick some up. Let's keep the thread going. If I was smart i would have made it a poll.

Reactions: BROBS

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Another recommendation of Shepherd's Pie from me. I just ordered a few pounds now that Country Squire has it back in stock. It's just a great and quite unique tobacco inspired by the Frog Morton series. Something about its creaminess reminds of FMC though Shepherd's Pie doesn't have a strong topping like FMC does. Basically, I think people who like the Frog Morton blends would really like Shepherd's Pie.

Sounds like I'll have to give Old Toby a try as well, especially considering how much I've been enjoying a couple of the Sutliff aromatics over the last several months. Reading the posts here, I wish I had ordered a few ounces of it. I'll add some Old Toby to the order next time I buy a few more pounds of Shepherd's Pie for the cellar puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.