PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Illinois’ population shrank on net for five straight years, a trend primarily driven by Illinoisans leaving.

Reactions: dmcmtk

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Huh, I used to go out of my way and go over the border of Wisconsin, to get my cigs in Illinois. Actually, less of wisconsinites do that still....

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The nanny state wants us to pack our pipes with the other weed.:oops:.
This is a truly false equivalency. The legalization of "that other weed" has nothing to do with tobacco. It's an admission that prohibition hasn't worked. It's simply enriched career criminals.
Now begins the process of normalizing "that other weed" so that the process of social marginalization can begin; dissemination of data that shows the health hazards, such as increased risks of a variety of cancers, permanently impaired cognitive functioning, etc, then follored by "death by a thousand cuts" attack campaign, and "that other weed" will be about as socially popular as smoking or baby killing.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Amazing to figure out that a state's population shrinks when people leave that state. How much in tax dollars did making that revelation cost?

LOL...I believe the point is IL has had a net population decrease, which is supposedly primarily due to people moving out of the state...as opposed to other factors, such as birth rates vs deaths for example.

As for how many tax dollars were spent figuring that out, I have no idea...but apparently IL has no shortage of tax dollars for all kinds of wonderful things in spite of their dwindling tax base...such as the state now paying for sex change operations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.