PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
My fiancé is incredibly cool about my pipe smoking hobby, and even she says the same thing. But I’ll be damned if I ever have to live a day without Plum Pudding/Mississippi River and their SR variants. So I’m steadily cellaring while I can. I’ve always envisioned my ideal cellar as a smallish walk-in closet stacked floor to ceiling with tobacco. Maybe once I get there in some years I’ll be satisfied? Maybe not? Guess we’ll see.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
My cellar back in the states has quite a bit, but always adding more. My cellar here in South Korea is close to 3lbs, all of them open jars. I think it should last me through the year. I decided I'm not opening anymore tins here in Korea. There's a B&M that has some aged Vintage Syrian, a healthy array of SG blends and some Balkan Sobranie that I might dive in on before I leave for good. They can always be used in a trade, smoked or sold down the road.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Some time ago, the cellaring of pipe tobacco and cigars became something that I am moderately furtive about. If the package arrives during the day (I'm a farmer, so usually nearby), and I have the opportunity the unpack it and recycle the box before she gets home, it's like it never happened, right?
That being said, she bought me a box of Caldwell Eastern Standard Manzanitas for the holidays, and she hates the smell of cigars. That is love right there.

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
My wife is on board with the tobaccopcylse issue for now. We are planning on children soon so that will be my cut off. So I’m trying to cellar what I can before then. But she’s been great about it. Gotta say.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Every new box that arrives I get the same "Are you done prepping for the apocalypse?" Me: "No, and its the tobaccopocalypse to be exact "

Reactions: Bowie and odobenus

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
I prep otherwise as well so tobacco is just another thing in the cellar. She doesn't know it but I have quite a few cartons of her cigarettes (menthol) socked away in there too. I suspect the tobaccopocalypse will effect her too.

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.