PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Years ago when I worked in Green Hills, one of my favorite places to go was Uptown's Smoke Shop. I think it is now called Nashville Cigar Co. I haven't been there in a few years but at least back then, it was a top notch place to go. Mainly purveyors of cigars but they had an excellent selection of pipes and tobaccos and a terrific lounge. It was nice to go in, light up a smoke and sit down and enjoy a game of chess. I may have to check it out again when I'm in the area.

Reactions: diamondback
Jan 5, 2020
Years ago when I worked in Green Hills, one of my favorite places to go was Uptown's Smoke Shop. I think it is now called Nashville Cigar Co. I haven't been there in a few years but at least back then, it was a top notch place to go. Mainly purveyors of cigars but they had an excellent selection of pipes and tobaccos and a terrific lounge. It was nice to go in, light up a smoke and sit down and enjoy a game of chess. I may have to check it out again when I'm in the area.
I've been to Uptowns quite a few times, but mainly to hang around and have a cigar. They did have quite an array of tins last time I was there though, probably a couple of years ago. I actually used to work right down the road there so sometimes I would go on my lunch break and have a small cigar and a cup of coffee. I do want to go down to Columbia sometime and check out the Briarworks shop as well.

Reactions: diamondback

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Welcome from Knoxville , Tennessee is apparently the land of the pipe

We’re getting a group of fellow Tennessean pipers together (looking like Jan 18th). Most of us that are getting together are near(ish) to Nashville, but man you’re welcome to join us if you want to make the drive. Thing is, I don’t want anyone to feel left out and we’d love to have you. I know Knoxville to Nashville is a bit of a drive. Regardless, you are definitely invited!

?

And don’t let my suit fool ya, I’m almost always in jeans, a T-shirt and ball cap.

ETA: so far it’s looking like @italiansallion, @blackpowderpiper, @tnfan and me. I hope more join in.

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
I know Knoxville to Nashville is a bit of a drive. Regardless, you are definitely invited!

Thanks for the invite! That’s about a 3 hour drive for me, I do occasionally get over that way though and I’d like to do Briar Works visit at some point as well

Y’all have fun , take pics post a thread so the rest of us Tennesseans can participate vicariously

Jan 5, 2020
Thanks for the invite! That’s about a 3 hour drive for me, I do occasionally get over that way though and I’d like to do Briar Works visit at some point as well

Y’all have fun , take pics post a thread so the rest of us Tennesseans can participate vicariously

let us know when you want to go to briarworks and I’m sure we can arrange a meet up there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.