PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
For new years eve, I had a nice wee dram of 25yo oak barrelled Glenfiddich with some Nightcap.

I was smoking some Brown Flake alongside some good aged Cacique 500 rum.

Today I'm onto Solani's Silver Flake and a nice cup of baileys irish coffee (Ethiopian dark roast). I must say that it's a good mix.

Reactions: python

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Another vote for Sailor Jerry, it's great stuff. There is a large following of tattoo history related to the rum, some basic research will reveal the history and pipe smoking relationship. Start here if interested: Sailor Jerry - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Jerry
Now I’m going to have to try some Sailor Jerry. I like spiced rums sometimes. I’ve been pleased with Four Square. It’s very exotically spiced. Thanks all for participating.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
On Christmas I was smoking some Christmas Cheer, and my wife handed me a glass of a very dry sparkling wine (it was from Alsace, so I can’t call it champagne, though I think I did on my “What are you smoking” post). In any event, it was a great pairing. The dry wine made the sweet red Virginia really pop

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
I started getting more into tea recently. Some of the 'ripe' and 'raw' Pu'ehr bricks - what attracted me to it was similar to what attracts me to various tobacco blends. Each block has fermented and matured differently. Tastes and smells vary quite a bit. So far ranging from more obviously 'green tea' through to thick-ish viscous brews that have hints of spiced rum.

I've been trying a Pu'ehr from Menghai factory in Tuo form (small mushroom-like cakes). It starts out like a spicy red soup (woody tasting) and gets darker after a few infusions moving towards a deep earth-toned dark and smokey flavour with a mouthy aftertaste that's sweet and floral. It matches well with the sweetness from Capstan Blue.

Any other fine tea drinkers?

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Just had a nice bowl of PA in a gbd billiard. Nice clement 24 degrees makes for a cool smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.