PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
Whew. feels good to get that off my chest. after trying my first GH flake a few months back and discovering this spectacular but polarizing flavor, i cannot get enough. I was curious is it just GH blends that tend to have this flavor or do other companies also produce blends w the same lakeland taste? anyone else a lakeland addict?

I'm so sorry for you. My condolences to your family. puffy JK

Thank God no other tobacco companies make those exact flavors, but there are some Lakeland-esque blends out there. War Horse Bar, Condor, GLP's Stonehenge is made in coordination with a Gawith company, I think the sister company Samuel Gawith makes a few similar blends.

I just wish there could more compromise between regular aromatics and Lakelands. Give us a nice tasting Vanilla with the strength of Dark Flake. A cherry blend that will make you puke with the spins. Why are regular aromatics such puny weaklings?

I smoke a select few lakelands myself, but I avoid the ones that smell like grandma's soap.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My favorite Lakeland blend isn't even their aromatic style; a Forums member sent me a whole unopened tin of Brown Sugar Flake and it never made it to a jar, though I am an extra slow smoker. And I am more a burley than Virginia guy, but this is special. I'm not sure you can get it through U.S. retailers. As an aside, the Lake District in northern England is absolutely beautiful -- the pristine lakes, the walking paths, the rain, the wandering sheep, the late-late summer sunsets, the old fellas (or are they ghosts?) coasting through the fog offering quiet greetings as they pass.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I'm so sorry for you. My condolences to your family. puffy JK

Thank God no other tobacco companies make those exact flavors, but there are some Lakeland-esque blends out there. War Horse Bar, Condor, GLP's Stonehenge is made in coordination with a Gawith company, I think the sister company Samuel Gawith makes a few similar blends.

I just wish there could more compromise between regular aromatics and Lakelands. Give us a nice tasting Vanilla with the strength of Dark Flake. A cherry blend that will make you puke with the spins. Why are regular aromatics such puny weaklings?

I smoke a select few lakelands myself, but I avoid the ones that smell like grandma's soap.
cosmic
they do a cherry brown irish twist
S Type BC Brown Irish by Gawith Hoggarth Twist Pipe Tobacco from My Smoking Shop Tobacconist - https://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.php?mod=mancats&ns=S%20Type%20BC%20Brown%20Irish&sec=4768&man=211

not sure if you can find it in USA though

Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I was thinking, like 1Q with some actual nicotine to it.
Kentucky Nougat isn't that weak.
I second the Kentucky Nougat recommendation. Not as strong as the ropes or flakes but considerably stronger than any US or Danish style aro I've tried. It's almost as candy sweet and fruity as Lane and Sutliff offerings, but unlike those, can be dried if you like in a day or two. Seriously, I left the lid off a jar of Queen Anne's Revenge for a month and it's still soaked. I have a tin of Kendal (Top) Black Cherry wrapped under the tree that I'm stoked to try. I hear it has decent strength and much cleaner flavor than American cough syrup infused cherry aros.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I've heard Peterson Hyde Park is produced for them by G&H and has a Lakeland flavor. In my experience, their Sunset Breeze has a very floral/potpourri/fancysoap/grannypantie type flavor going on, but it's very different than the typical Lakeland flavors. A friend brought some Condor bags and bars back from his recent trip to Ireland and we both found it to be very Lakeland-esque... Strong, floral, and funky. When I smoke Rattray's Old Gowrie I pick up a similar flavor that I get with some Kendal blends, no floral essences or any noticable topping, just the flavor of strong African grown VA and DFKs.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.