New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men talk for wife. When guys congregate and smoke, labels for wives and girlfriends take on a tongue and cheek bit of razzing. My wife is the sweetest woman in the world and doesn't mind me going where ever I want or doing whatever I want. But, when around the guys she becomes SWMBO. And, even though it may be our own wishes along to be home by a certain time, we blame the wife, ball and chain, the old bat. It's just a guy thing.

Mis Pipas

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Holy Land
Google translators probably gets all of the words right, but the order in which one nationality speaks may sound jumbled up to another.
I'll give you an example how are Google Translator learning: Until few days ago the translate "pipa" to "tube". In last days I realise that they are traducing correctly. Several times in the last months I use to send to Google the write word (PIPE). Perhaps others peoples do so also. I'll see in G. Translator there is an option "EDIT" and "send" to them. THE ARE LEARNING FROM USERS.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't quite "get" the OP, but good Va/Bur's are PC Russ O's Log Cabin and Spilman Mixture, Nat Sherman's 536, and PC Chestnut.

• Love
Reactions: Mis Pipas

Mis Pipas

Nov 11, 2019
Holy Land
I don't quite "get" the OP, but good Va/Bur's are PC Russ O's Log Cabin and Spilman Mixture, Nat Sherman's 536, and PC Chestnut.
Thanks I appreciate very much
please chek if are they the tobaccos you like
Log Cabin
?= Black Cavendish, Cigar Leaf, Unknown, Virginia ? is No longer in production :(
Spilman Mixture = Burley, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia ? Available :)
Hearth & Home - Chestnut (Mid-Town Series) ? Burley, Kentucky, Latakia, Maryland, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia ? is available
or
W.D. & H.O. Wills - Sweet Chestnut ?= Burley, Virginia - is No longer in production :(

Last edited:

Mis Pipas

Nov 11, 2019
Holy Land
4th Genration 1931 - Burley/Virginia
No bit, no spicy, wonderful tin aroma, beautifully flakes.
Ones smoking the Burley is dominant and tasty, with nutty aroma and taste.
BUT WAS WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE BOWL. Here the blend began a decline in aroma, taste and smoking enjoyment until, in the bottom third, it became almost tasteless and gray and ashy.

Reactions: danimalia

Mis Pipas

Nov 11, 2019
Holy Land
I hope you have time to write up a review on that 1931 :)
WAS WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE BOWL. Here the blend began a decline in aroma, taste and smoking enjoyment until, in the bottom third, it became almost tasteless and gray and ashy.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've been happy smoking all kinds of D&R blends, but I do make up my own from 3 of their sturdy varietal offerings. TwoTimer and 3 Sails has been my burley and virginia base mix at approx 1/1. I will then add some Picayune for its perique and dark fired. The 3 Sails is a nice sweet VA but is shredded very finely and requires some 'feathering out' with your fingers to mix it in with the coarser TwoTimer. I figure most of my tobacco costs me less than $20 a lb. and I find it to be just terrific! Remember Bill Cullen?

Status
Not open for further replies.