PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
30 seconds... you better be quick!
Just kidding, most tubs seal pretty well so you should be fine for a month or two at the very list. I had a tub Sugar Barrel that lasted me for 6 months without being jarred.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
What JC said. The tubs are pretty good at keeping it moist. If you're like me, a tub wouldn't last long enough to dry out anyway.

thbg

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2011
I went on a an OTC burley binge last summer and have tubs of CH, PA, and H&H. They are are still fine. I keep them in my basement which is cool and dark which helps. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
The hard plastic lid is not a snap-over type like with coffee products; but a push-down closure. I was surprised, but it does seal very well. Many months; still moist.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I find the prince albert tubs and cater hall will keep well for a couple months at least. I have never had to jar any, but i have never had an open tub around more than a couple months. Normaly it's gone 3 weeks or less

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
The comments made on "how long will a tub keep....." reminds me of the old tootsie pop commercials with the wise old owl. "a one, a two, a three, crunch......a three. Just how many licks will it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop.......the world may never know"
:rofl:

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
You don't need to jar Middleton's blends, since their Sta-Fresh Canisters really do work. I use recycled Middleton tubs for long-term storage, and have never had a problem. Better than glass, IMNSHO, since they won't shatter, and hold a lot more.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
I have middletons cherry blend in the same kinda tub been there at least 13+ years still good.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I've been using Middleton tubs for at least the past 35 years or so, or whenever it is they first switched from metal to industrial plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.