PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
View attachment 211037
Anybody found plastic strings in the Capstan Blue before? Every flake I'm finding 4 or 5 of these plastic strings when I rub it out. This can't be normal, right?
You need to report this to the company, not just post about it here. Send them photos of what you found, describe the situation, and include all of the packaging/lot codes from the back of the tin. They will want to be aware of this situation so they can take steps to prevent it happening again.

Use the contact form on the MacBaren web site, or send an email to info@mac-baren.com.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
You need to report this to the company, not just post about it here. Send them photos of what you found, describe the situation, and include all of the packaging/lot codes from the back of the tin. They will want to be aware of this situation so they can take steps to prevent it happening again.

Use the contact form on the MacBaren web site, or send an email to info@mac-baren.com.
+1. What's the date code on your tin, @dcicero?

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
The plastic shards used in tobacco really changed circa 2019, and not for the better. I suppose the manufacturers thought they could save a few pennies by replacing higher quality plastic with a cheap alternative. First they substitute perique with dark fired. Now this.
How ironic that the plastic they used in the 1960s went out of favor for being too flammable!

starrynight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2023
Makes me nervous as I recently (a few months back) purchased 15 tins to age: hoping there's not a surprise waiting for me a few years down the road...

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Hi!
If you have any chance, please write an Email with this Fotos to Mac Baren and/ or Sutfliff.
Highly useful would be also a photo of the back of the tin with the codes.
It might not help you in first step, but it would help the manufacturer a lot!
Greetings,
Chris
If I found plastic in my tobacco, my first priority would be getting my money back AND a replacement tin. My first priority would not be to “help the manufacturer.”