PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
How is that blend? I have some sitting, waiting to be smoked.
The match victorian is a fine base, nothing exciting on its own, imho. Royal Yacht is a reliable favorite, but a touch strong for me for a large bowl. layering these two together was a fine smoke, lit easily and no more flame needed. I'd do it again, but would go with two pinches Royal Yacht next time on top (making it about half).

Akoni808

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2022
O’ahu, Hawai’i
The match victorian is a fine base, nothing exciting on its own, imho. Royal Yacht is a reliable favorite, but a touch strong for me for a large bowl. layering these two together was a fine smoke, lit easily and no more flame needed. I'd do it again, but would go with two pinches Royal Yacht next time on top (making it about half).
I just smoked a bowl out of curiousity. I enjoyed the rich plum flavors with hay-like Virginia. I think it could definitely benefit from some age though. I’ll have to try some with Royal Yacht.

KaunThePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2022
New England
www.instagram.com
Oh you know, just sitting down here in my dungeon workshop, puffing on some Cornell and Diehl small batch 2022PXL_20230124_040409857.jpg Carolina red flake. Taking taking it through this bent Falcon. Making wood chips and shavings... Hopefully I can translate some of it into money lol 🤷🏼‍♂️
So far I've got a pen I made out of some leftover briar from some pipe projects.
IMG_20230120_212932_971.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
My wife is the asst manager at our local shelter and finding new homes for cats and dogs is often a real challenge. Trapped a near-neighbor's (mile away) unneutered tom that has been harassing our's and immediate neighbor's cats on our deck last night. Sweet guy, he and his also unneutered brother are both in the shelter now for 'free' neutering, testing, shots, chips etc. Nice family had them, but had no idea what they were in for not getting them neutered early...
I know exactly what you mean. M'lady and I rescued Suzy and Molly when they are little kittens, and had done that earlier with other cats we had owned. In the case of Suzy and Molly, we got a call from an acquaintance of m'lady who told she had two kittens that were going to be put down in the morning, and did we want to see them. We got there as fast as we could. While chatting, m'lady sat down, and Suzy climbed on her lap, purring and ready to nap. She said, "We have to take her home." I said, "If we are one, we are taking both." We made a very happy decision for all concerned.

Btw, Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave are spayed and neutered. I seriously doubt Shy Stripesy has, and as she is truly feral, she won't let me near her. We've fed her for almost two years, and she's still afraid of us. She had a brother who acted the same way, but he finally came around and grew to be very friendly. But, he disappeared last June, and I have no idea what happened to him.

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Sultan of Smoke.

That's a very distinguished title you're well deserved of, Jim.
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am continuing my bulldog/Rhodesian night with a bowl of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Just cleaned some pipes.
Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.