Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Tony Rice was just the best. His legacy is represented well these days. A true guitar hero to so many.
My favorite guitarist ever, and definitely one of the greatest. My guitar hero to say the least.
Listening to a new show Grisman released recently. NYE '89
Bill Emerson on banjo with the regular unit lineup. Just wow.

Nobody like T, he and ole JD are missed but their legend sure lives one.

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
My favorite guitarist ever, and definitely one of the greatest. My guitar hero to say the least.
Listening to a new show Grisman released recently. NYE '89
Bill Emerson on banjo with the regular unit lineup. Just wow.

Nobody like T, he and ole JD are missed but their legend sure lives one.
Another great one. JD Crowe!

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92
I remember when I first heard this playing in the record store, I was like… I should have at least one album of guitar driven cliches. An anthology of white boys, and their distorted toys. Nothing about this is Led Zeppelin, Yardbirds, or whatever that other one’s group was called.
But, it is groovy… at times, it’s downright foot tappin’

4163631D-E722-44A7-9855-0F7C385D1406.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
The beginning of "Black Water" is magical to me and takes me back to HS and to the first decent audio system I eventually purchased - put this song on it to sample first at the U of I in August of 1978 just for the intro, lol. After a month of mostly jazz, getting back to some sounds of the 70s this weekend. My Pioneer SX-850 (not in the garage, God forbid) is still going strong, btw, luckily know a guy who completely refurbished it a few years ago. Heart "Barracuda" is next - bought my system on a trip to the State Fair to see them in concert!

E2CAA15D-9703-478A-829C-5E7FCB6972A8.jpeg

it was 77, in a Magnavox store, they had these Steve Miller, Book of Dreams, picture disks all set up in a display. My dad was buying a turntable, and I had a pocketful of bills burning a hole in my pocket. He walked out with a whole wall of Kenwood that he had to have someone build shelves for. His album was Donna Summers, and I had this Pegasus picture disk.

I had heard of Steve Miller, but I had not heard any of these new tunes… and Wow. Music became something new for me. Stereophonic, Dolby, heart thumping… we go jet airliner… my mind was blown. And, I still have this, and it plays as well as the day I bought it. If you take care of your things… you’ll have them
4538299C-47BF-4E65-BEE3-6422EE022C2E.jpeg