PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
I found this over at Pipe Smoking Appreciation, dated Dec. 5th 2022:
Friday morning, Scott from Aristocob put out an announcement on the community page of his YouTube account. I’ll reprint it here for maximum exposure.

No, we didn’t go out of business… We’ve received a few messages asking what has happened to www.Aristocob.com and if we were shutting it down. No, what is happening is that Jandy and I are both going through our first bout of Covid-19, so we’ve decided it was best not to handle pipes while we recover. For some reason the platform we are using doesn’t allow for us to put the site on “vacation” like our last one, so what you see it the best we can do to pause sales. Thanks for your concern. Scott

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I found this over at Pipe Smoking Appreciation, dated Dec. 5th 2022:
Friday morning, Scott from Aristocob put out an announcement on the community page of his YouTube account. I’ll reprint it here for maximum exposure.

No, we didn’t go out of business… We’ve received a few messages asking what has happened to www.Aristocob.com and if we were shutting it down. No, what is happening is that Jandy and I are both going through our first bout of Covid-19, so we’ve decided it was best not to handle pipes while we recover. For some reason the platform we are using doesn’t allow for us to put the site on “vacation” like our last one, so what you see it the best we can do to pause sales. Thanks for your concern. Scott
Looks like things have changed since then, he's been out and about.

Screenshot_20230122-050745_Samsung Internet.jpg

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
What exactly is Aristocob? Is it custom cob? Is it reworked MM cob? I always thought MM and that other company bought out by MM was it. I knew there were few custom cob guys, but really haven't paid too much to Aristocob.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Have you tried to DM him on IG(if you have Instagram?) Is there a reason you need to speak to him, not that it's any of my business but since you've posted your need to speak to him I figured Id inquire about the urgency.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
What exactly is Aristocob? Is it custom cob? Is it reworked MM cob? I always thought MM and that other company bought out by MM was it. I knew there were few custom cob guys, but really haven't paid too much to Aristocob.
Aristocob is a private business owned by Scott and his wife Jandy. He sells all styles of Missouri Meerschaum pipes, and accessories with permission from Missouri Meerschaum. Basically a "Mom & Pop" internet shop. They always had great customer service, and provided good deals over the years. A lot of times they had better prices than Missouri Meerschaum. I bought most of my corn cobs from his website.

I know he's been posting on IG recently, but I've not heard any news about his website. Looking at his IG feed it looks like maybe they did an overhaul of the website back in September of 2022. Maybe he's having difficulty with his web hosting service. Can't say for sure.

Reactions: yanoJL
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
There is also the old Aristocob pipe, which isn’t what the OP was referring to. The Aristocob was a space-age-looking metal pipe whose rim was a threaded cap. The bowl was a cob with a small metal fitting in the bottom. The cob inserts could be removed and replaced by unscrewing the cap. Actually a pretty cool pipe and the system worked. I have one, along with about 8 replacement cob bowls.

2ED9F118-A9B5-4B07-902B-293C82E7DCA3.jpeg

PHOTO COURTESY OF THE ARISTOCOB BLOG:

Jbyrd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 4, 2023
Springfield MO
There is also the old Aristocob pipe, which isn’t what the OP was referring to. The Aristocob was a space-age-looking metal pipe whose rim was a threaded cap. The bowl was a cob with a small metal fitting in the bottom. The cob inserts could be removed and replaced by unscrewing the cap. Actually a pretty cool pipe and the system worked. I have one, along with about 8 replacement cob bowls.

View attachment 205879

I actually have one of these in my collection. I've never smoked it. I didn't know if I could get a replacement cob bowl. Still don't know actually.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011

View attachment 205879

And the replacement liners came in a fancy plastic box fit for presentation.
I have one, and a couple boxes of liners. Somewhere. If I could find more liners I’d smoke the hell out of it.