New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
This is why all of our favorite blends are becoming so hard to find. People are hoarding in anticipation of this happening in the US
Not true. It's been the same for quite some time. If you pay attention, everything except Esoterica is available multiple times during the year. I built a 500 lb plus cellar starting in 2017. Just a matter of diligence.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Exactly. I assume you're the reason I've never been able to lay my hands on any CVP. Haha.
I haven't bought any CVP for 2 years, maybe 3. You'll have to look for a different party to blame. LOL When I see it available again, I'll probably buy 10 tins to bolster my cellar. CVP is one of my 3 to 5 favorites. Just set alert notifications for the blends you want at SP and TP, also Watch City. Watch City seems to have blends when those other 2 run out. I was able to buy 10 tins from WCC recently when they were gone at SP and TP. It takes a bit of effort paying attention to people posting availability here, checking notifications and checking the primary online venders frequently. But it does pay off.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I haven't bought any CVP for 2 years, maybe 3. You'll have to look for a different party to blame. LOL When I see it available again, I'll probably buy 10 tins to bolster my cellar. CVP is one of my 3 to 5 favorites. Just set alert notifications for the blends you want at SP and TP, also Watch City. Watch City seems to have blends when those other 2 run out. I was able to buy 10 tins from WCC recently when they were gone at SP and TP. It takes a bit of effort paying attention to people posting availability here, checking notifications and checking the primary online venders frequently. But it does pay off.
No worries. I was just busting your balls but I appreciate the response. I've mostly quit buying tinned tobacco in the past couple of years, so back in 2017-2020, when I was on the hunt for CVP it probably was you hoarding it all. 🤣

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
CVP is on my radar. I have yet to try it.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I do tend to wonder with some of these aged tobacco limited releases. Ostensibly all of the tobacco they use is aged but they don't actually specify. Could the aged tobacco be used more in a condimental role or is the entire blend comprised of the aged tobacco? I read that there are 10k+ tins of Cringle Flake 2022 available this year which would be an awful lot of vintage tobacco to have laying around.

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I do tend to wonder with some of these aged tobacco limited releases. Ostensibly all of the tobacco they use is aged but they don't actually specify. Could the aged tobacco be used more in a condimental role or is the entire blend comprised of the aged tobacco? I read that there are 10k+ tins of Cringle Flake 2022 available this year which would be an awful lot of vintage tobacco to have laying around.
It's not hard to believe. Mac Baren has quite a stockpile of tobaccos ranging from the 1970s-now in their enormous warehouse. They mix different vintages in blends for the sake of consistency.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
This reminds me I haven't even tried the tin of 2021 I bought. I came down with covid shortly after ordering it and I couldn't smell or taste for 5 months. I'm going to try it out and then decide whether this year's version will be different enough to pick some up.
5 months huh? Did it come and go? Do you have any advice, remedies? Iv'e been only smoking straight or close to straight Va , Burley and Oriental , seems all blends taste off and confusing it's been like 6 months, taste comes and goes but it's only at 50% when it comes...

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
It's not hard to believe. Mac Baren has quite a stockpile of tobaccos ranging from the 1970s-now in their enormous warehouse. They mix different vintages in blends for the sake of consistency.
Ok I appreciate the reply Jim. I figured that Mac Baren has a huge supply of tobacco to draw on for these Sutliff blends I just wasn’t sure of the extent of the vintage supply. That certainly makes sense though. Thanks for elucidating that for me.

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ok I appreciate the reply Jim. I figured that Mac Baren has a huge supply of tobacco to draw on for these Sutliff blends I just wasn’t sure of the extent of the vintage supply. That certainly makes sense though. Thanks for elucidating that for me.
My information came straight from Per Jensen, but it seems to me there's a video or two out there that discusses this or at least shows some of that warehouse. Maybe somebody can find them and post.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal