PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
@ Amish Tyrant..Ask all you want 👍…It’s cold, but yes it has vinegar, I’m going over Wednesday will get ingredients for you. Post this weekend
Here is my family's Armenian potato salad recipe. Simple and delicious as a non-traditional potato salad.

Boil 4 white potatoes until soft. Slice (or cube) when cool enough to handle (skins optional).

Add at least 1 tablespoon of kosher salt (more to taste), 1 tablespoon of dried mint, 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, 1 small to medium white onion (sliced - sweet onions work too), 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (bottled lemon juice works too, but isn't as fresh).

Toss and chill in the refrigerator until the flavors meld.

The same mixture can be used with garbanzo beans (insert the chickpea joke here) and tomatoes for an Armenian chickpea salad (and canned beans are acceptable).

Enjoy, from my family to yours.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Here is my family's Armenian potato salad recipe. Simple and delicious as a non-traditional potato salad.

Boil 4 white potatoes until soft. Slice (or cube) when cool enough to handle (skins optional).

Add at least 1 tablespoon of kosher salt (more to taste), 1 tablespoon of dried mint, 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, 1 small to medium white onion (sliced - sweet onions work too), 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (bottled lemon juice works too, but isn't as fresh).

Toss and chill in the refrigerator until the flavors meld.

The same mixture can be used with garbanzo beans (insert the chickpea joke here) and tomatoes for an Armenian chickpea salad (and canned beans are acceptable).

Enjoy, from my family to yours.
@ The Amish Tyrant, thank you, that recipe looks like a keeper. Including the garbanzo and tomatoes, which I’ve never had. By the way still working on getting that recipe posted.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
This is going to be a long one.

I took the tobacco-coffee burrito out of the press, I couldn't take the pressure anymore.
It's been in there since last thursday, under about 250kg/550lb of dead weight. Every heavy thing I have around was placed on there.

View attachment 183650

All unpacked. This is like briar grain, I could look at it for hours.

View attachment 183651

Cut into equal parts. The pressure got distributed very nicely.

View attachment 183654

Cut into flakes. They already started to rub themselves up, they should be in the press for longer.
At least a full week.

View attachment 183655

Everything got rubbed up nicely during roasting. I jarred it up with roasted coffee beans on the top and bottom of the jar. It's gonna sit there for a while. Of course I set some of it aside to be sampled, which I'm doing as I write this. My cob has the honor. Pretty good stuff, this stuff. Very pleasant and smooth. Nice flavors too but it can always be better.

View attachment 183657

I thought I'd also roast the mead soaked Virginia flakes for @halfdan 's Clay King blend while I'm at it.
I'll sauce it again soon to get more lemon and honey flavor into it. This spent one week under 170kg/375lb but the flakes held together much better. Lesson learned.

View attachment 183659
@Chaukisch Looking good!
A shame we're so far apart; I think we could do some great things together...
Lost my taste for Clan now, it smelled and tasted worse than before - just a burnt cigarette taste & smelled vile. I'll have to gift it...
No more Clan for the Clay King:)
(Unless I get gifted any).
Not taking part in the Egremont pipe smoking competition now due to the travel distance and same weekend as the Derbyshire Woodland Festival which I'm more interested in:)

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
Sutliff 1M vanilla out of my Savinelli 2101 KS. This bowl has been bored out from a repair and it now holds a crap ton of tobacco. I packed it half full around 1045 this morning and have been puffing on it fairly regularly since. Put it down to eat right quick and take care of some things around the house. Smokes great only down side is that it heats up super easy and fast so i have to adjust my cadence for this pipe. That quarter is resting on the edge of the bowl for comparison .1669576064515478068995558430902.jpg16695756985922914810180200200742.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.