PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from North Carolina. I had an "Asian tour" with the U.S. Navy, but didn't get to Japan. Some of the guys I served with, in our twenties, had been stationed in Japan and loved it. My current pastor is married to a Japanese woman he met there and wants to go back to retire. My Asian travels included coastal Vietnam during the war, Subic Bay Philippines where we were provisioned and supported, Taiwan, and Hong Kong which was pretty fabulous. Your experience serves as a reminder to us all; if you quit pipes, keep a rotation of pipes and a few blends; a lot of us quit and return over the years, sometimes several times. By luck, I have the first pipe I ever bought, a Tinder Box St. Ives house pipe, probably French made, still handsome and smoking well.

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Welcome. I visited Japan a couple of years ago and was impressed with the pride in craftsmanship of the Japanese. The attention to detail is astounding. Because of this, my first pipe purchase was a Tsuge, and it is still my favorite. I would love a blowfish, but cannot afford one right now…. Unless my lottery plan works out.
I would love to hear more about the auction pipes you are finding.

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
I’ve heard of rough divorces before but that’s going too far! Um, I don’t think you could survive a night with my boys, aged 3 and 5. I’m an “old” dad at 54 BTW. I don’t know how I’m doing it. I guess it’s keeping me young.
I hear ya brother. I'm 55 and have a six years old son and a teenage daughter. It's very tiring at end of the day but it's his smile that keeps me sane while dealing with this crazy world we live in these days.

Reactions: milk

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
I hear ya brother. I'm 55 and have a six years old son and a teenage daughter. It's very tiring at end of the day but it's his smile that keeps me sane while dealing with this crazy world we live in these days.
It really is a great life although I probably do too much of the worrying about everything and everyone - family-wise. I guess you don’t know what real worrying is until you have kids. Smoking a nice pipe at the end of the day helps with that though.

Reactions: atwaterville