PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Hello. I’m new here - from The States and living in Osaka for many years. I smoked pipes for a few years, quit, sold all my beautiful pipes and now recently started again (with much less money for pipes now that I’m married with kids). I’m looking forward to chatting, learning, posting, etc. Recently, I’ve been acquiring some old pipes on auction here in Japan and trying to learn about restoration. Thanks!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Welcome to the forum!

When you are in Tokyo, check out Nomura, a very nice and well stocked tobacconist with hundreds of pipes of every description.

milk

Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Welcome to the forum!

When you are in Tokyo, check out Nomura, a very nice and well stocked tobacconist with hundreds of pipes of every description.

That looks like a great place and, as far as I know, there’s nothing quite as nice as that here in Osaka. Not quite. This mights sound silly but I’ve lived in Japan for 16 years and never been to Tokyo. I guess whenever I had time, I have always used it traveling around Asia. Well, that’s my excuse anyway.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

milk

Sep 21, 2022
Japan
can we come and visit? We can sleep in a cupboard and barely but super politely interact with your family. Hey at least selling your pipes is better then the guy who lost his pipes in the divorce.
I’ve heard of rough divorces before but that’s going too far! Um, I don’t think you could survive a night with my boys, aged 3 and 5. I’m an “old” dad at 54 BTW. I don’t know how I’m doing it. I guess it’s keeping me young.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
I’ve heard of rough divorces before but that’s going too far! Um, I don’t think you could survive a night with my boys, aged 3 and 5. I’m an “old” dad at 54 BTW. I don’t know how I’m doing it. I guess it’s keeping me young.
Welcome from Maryland! Those are the ages of my boys too. It’s exhausting sometimes but worth it.

Reactions: milk